0:29

The breeze in itself was refreshing alongside the beautiful baby blue sky that was in view. The sun had already come out of hiding, but it was still early in the morning -and surprisingly, nature served as a source of comfort after a very heavy night.

She rested upon a gray chaise lounge chair that she'd taken out of her room, with a journal seated upon her laps. It had been gifted to her late last night, the journal that is, since she had refused to speak to anyone beside her father.

He told her that if she wouldn't talk, the very least she could do was write her thoughts down to help her process. The thing that most people did not know was that to talk was to heal, to pour it out of one's heart was how you learnt to deal with it. Hence one had friends, and one had family.

However the world had taught Shane to live in isolation, and right there was the crack in her supposedly strong foundation. When the cracks kept multiplying they kept affecting and molding her character into who she was now. She couldn't tell if she liked it or not, whether she wanted to change it or not.

However, she did want to feel fulfillment in her. She wanted to feel like she had accomplished something, something that was a dream. She wanted to leave the world feeling like she'd done all that she could, she had lived, and now it was time to sleep eternally.

She had done a lot of processing last night, and even though it opened up wounds that had not yet healed, she was determined to go through the hurt and come out a better woman. Her dad was right, she had to live her own life, and not a life she was taught by all the undealt emotions she had subconsciously buried under.

She had cried a lot. Her face really didn't look that pretty with all the puffiness, but she needed that cry and she knew she still had to cry some more. She knew that she'd probably shut down in order to heal, but it was a process she needed to go through.

When speaking about her dreams with her father, she also came to a realization that she had to finish what she had started. She was never the girl who would leave things incomplete, she had always been someone who saw things to the very end.

Hence she found herself placing her pen on top of her journal, and picking up her phone instead. During the early hours of this morning she had already deleted her social media, and her Netflix plus Hulu, because she knew these were distractions she'd often used to get over her emotions. She didn't want to use them as a crutch anymore longer.

She selected Hendrichs Hayes' contact so she could send him a text message. She had to relay her message to him.

Hey. It's 'Shanae' , incase you don't have
my number anymore. Let me know when
you're free to take a call. I have an answer
for you.🤓

She momentarily bit her lip, before she released it so she could let out a sigh. She closed her eyes, putting her phone down so as to steady her heart. For some reason, she was anxious and it didn't help that she hadn't actually gotten a chance to sleep.

She could feel the way her arms and legs were aching, and just by that she could tell that she was exhausted. However, she didn't feel like facing Amaru in her dreams, or would that be called a nightmare?

She was interrupted by the buzzing of her phone that could be felt by her thigh. It wasn't a message, neither was it a normal call. It was a FaceTime call, and she didn't know if she wanted him to see her like that or rather not.

Frowning, she asked herself when she started caring about how Hendrichs saw her, or anyone else for that matter. She glanced at her screen just to confirm it was him, and for sure it was. Sighing, she picked it up and walked with haste to collect her ringlight stand, and her dad's AirPods.