You only live once - 2

Trigger warnings - shouting , crying , injury

Walking down the barren halls of the orphanage , Tommy and y/n continued down the halls. Y/n often looking at the different rooms with noise being heard through the thin cheap wooden doors. Some children laughing others crying some just silent ; all of it intrigued y/n but if they went In they were surely to be punished so they kept on walking. Still dripping wet and hair half combed . To say that the shower they had was pleasant would be a lie. There was never warm water, not even in the taps or in the kitchen, if anyone wanted warm water they would have to risk getting caught going into the kitchen for boiled water and that was too warm. Miss Jenkins said that they should be grateful and that the orphanage pay for feeding us clothes and keeping a roof over all go children's heads . for once in life Tommy was glad that y/n didn't mind the cold water but for him it being back unpleasant memories.

Tommy had stopped walking . His eyes now glossed over. Y/n shook Tommy's arm bringing him back to reality successfully . "Do you want to go see if Tubs is awake?" Then a small " mhm" was found from the small innocent-looking child . A small light twinkle in Tommy's eyes he was ecstatic , jubilant , so happy. Y/n didn't really talk even after birth before it got all complicated. They were taken to places where they were to speed up the process but it never worked they understood the words but just never spoke them so any sort of noise or indication of a Word would make both Tommy and Tubbo incredibly happy and proud of their sibling.

They both made it back to their room after what had felt like 20 minutes of walking which has only been 5 minutes. By the time they both re-entered the cramped conditions of the room Tubbo was wide wake. Both of children knew about Tubbo's problem with being alone and separated because his mind drifted a lot, it messed with his brain , practically drive him insane ; so the note that they had wrote down really helped Tubbo stay calm. If he over-stressed then he would know where to find them.

Now , to describe the room that the three traumatized kids were in was far from the best. The room was nearly entirely wooden. The singular bed that the three shared was rickety and repaired ,(though it was not very good as Tubbo often usually get splinters, Tommy usually scraped his knees on the broken parts of bed on his side and y/n on the occasion would hit their head and it would hurt them a lot  so yeah not very well repaired). The 'room' if you could call it that was in actuality just a cupboard was used for blankets and clothes but due to their case being so last minute and none of them refused to be separated, they all ended up in the dusty, gloomy, dimly lit cupboard, with a cut out for a window.

Before Tubbo could even get out of bed for a hug from the two children in front of him Miss Jenkins bashed through into the doorway in the process pushing Tommy and y/n to the side and bellowed at the top of her voice "TOBIAS, THOMAS AND Y/N YOU ARE ALL LATE TO EAT AND THERE IS ONLY A LIMITED SUPPLY, IF I SEE ANY OF YOU SNEEKING IN LATER BECUASE YOU HUNGRY YOU'RE THE ONE TO BLAME DO YOU HEAR MYSLEF BE DOWN NOW!!!" Huffing and puffing as she used so much energy. The sheer volume that a 54 year old woman could produce shocked the kids so much y/n immediately broke down into tears, the loud noise ringing in their ears echoing repeatedly saying the message. Y/n felt awful, like they had done something so wrong. Hands pressed right to their ears , body scrunched trying to cover any vital organs so small, so fragile. Frantically and quite shocked as they had never seen Miss Jenkins be so angry, Tommy went to shout back a mouthful of profanities at her but was restrained by an arm. Tubbo's arm. 

Prompting his brother to look in the direction of their bed Tommy immediately saw the condition that y/n was in and rush over in concern. Attempting to hug them by placing an arm on their back but unfortunately as a response getting a huge flinch. The doing was so far back they ended up hitting their head on the windowsill and Tommy panicked. While Tommy was dealing with the situation he had got into , Tubbo was attempting to persuade Miss Jenkins to not hurt any of his siblings and was promptly taken out of his room with miss Jenkins.

As soon as Tommy heard the door click and didn't see Tubbo he had feared what would happen to him. Y/n was still crying and they looked so exhausted. Grabbing the still damp towel from the bedside he gently placed the towel on their forehead and used an old hoodie for a makeshift pillow to keep their head slightly elevated. Body still shaking with the tears that were forced out of their eyes with each blink made more cascade down their face resting on the hoodie making a damp patch.

They didn't hit their head very hard -barely even- but he was still worried. 

Then the crying had stopped . "When you're ready can you please tell me some way?" Tommy almost pleaded still anxious from where Tubbo was. Waiting for some sort of reply but only receiving a sniffle. He waited there for a while until he felt a small dip in the uncomfortable mattress and then a warm object in his side followed by small arms hugging around Tommy 's torso. 

He was glad. But all of sudden Tubbo was back and he was cuffing his sleeve button with tears welling up in his eyes. He looked like a lost deer next to a Hunter; so stunned almost. Tommy was about to question what had gone on but Tubbo responded with " I'm fine don't worry let's just go for breakfast we all heard what she said"in a voice just above a whisper.

Y/n dreaded the breakfast hall. It was always so noisy and chaotic.

Y/n always wished what would happen if they had a diferent life or could relive it and change it.

But...

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough, more than enough.

A/n

I had already pre planned this chapter and the next one so it made it much easier I'm quite happy with it but it was kinda a filler chapter and have some more info on their past by sprinkling in little hints. The chapter coming up will be where it actually starts becoming an sbi adoption book but yeah might do QnA if anyone is interested. Have a lovely day, evening or night! And drink some water💗

If you prefer the longer chapters please let me know and I will continue with this length!

New chapter coming out tomorrow 4-6pm BST

word count:1200