Secrets Turned to Mistakes

"grian... What's this...?" Scar wakes me up, standing by my bed holding a diamond and a book and quill
I take it out of his hand and read it

Dear Grian,
Thanks again for the sugar cane. You're the best secret soulmate ever. Im so glad that you let me in on the scheme. I promise I'll protect it with my life, have this diamond as a thank you.

Big B

Uh oh.... "I- uhm...."
"What is this grian??!" What's this about a secret soulmate??" Scar looked angry and hurt... "I thought you said you wouldn't abandon me..."
"I-i don't even know what he's talking about. Why would I even want his stupid diamonds...?"
"So you don't want this?" He says holding out the diamond.
"N-no..." I say hesitantly.
"Fine then" he says, as he throws it into the river. "Take your stupid book and go be with your precious secret soulmate." He throws the book on my lap and walks away crying
"Scar wait!"
He dosnt respond...

Great...  Now I've done it...

Scar's P.O.V.

Grian dosnt care about me at all. What he said yesterday was probably all a big lie to distract me from him not wanting to be with me...
I can't believe I ever loved him...

I grab my pickaxe and aurmor and go down to the ancient city. He dosnt care about me, why should I care about him...
I don't know why it hurts so much. As I get down to the deep dark, I grab the enchanting table and go looking for diamonds.
"Oh hey scar." I hear bdubs in the distance.
"Hey....."
"What's wrong buddy?"
"I found out grian dosnt care about me... He has big B as a stupid secret soulmate..."
"Oh damn... That.... That must hurt...."
"Yeah. That's why I'm down here, he dosnt want me down here cus we might die, but he dosnt care about me anyways so what's it matter. He's just looking out for himself...."
"Well, whatever happens, I'm here for you bud"
"Yeah..." I mutter as I make my way back up to the surface.

Grian's P.O.V.

Great... I really went and did it, now I have no one. I pissed of scar, and i can't go to big B about this .... Hell just think it's a good thing.
I head over to pearls tower, since we're both kind of alone right now.
"Pearl? You there?" I ask as I climb the ladder
"Grian? What's up?"
"I really messed up.." I say sitting on her bed. "I became secret soulmates with Big B and now scar found out and he's mad at me" I start taking damage
"Oh. im sorry Grian." She places a bucket of snow down and stands in it, slowly taking damage
"Uh...what are you doing?" I ask her confused.
"Getting back at Scott for abandoning me. I just get us down to near death, then stop. Scare the hell out of him."
" that's a bit harsh don't you think...?"
"Meh it is what it is"
Jeez now pearl is starting to scare me .....
"Well, is there anything else you wanted?" She asks getting rid of the snow
"Yeah actually..... So.. im secret soulmates with Big B.... But, i get so defensive when someones rude to scar, and I worry about scar so much and.... I can't help but beat myself up for hurting him....."
"Grian, did you fall and hit your head?"
"Huh...? What do you mean?"
"You're not stupid grian. Why are you acting like you don't know what love is?"
"Wh-What??? Im not in love with scar!"
"Grian it dosnt take a genius to figure out what you're feeling is love. Even mumbo, who only knows Redstone could figure that out!"
"B-but, why would I be in love with scar??"
"I dunno." She places the snow again, "Maybe you realized you were always too harsh on him and realized how good of a person he really is. You realized how much you missed by not spending time with him, and then realized he's much more than just a nice guy, that he's someone you want to spend more time with, much more time with."

I just sit there speachless. Not knowing what to say. "W-well I better get going....."
Good luck lover boy. Don't lie to yourself grian."

I head down the ladder and back to the base where I find scar with the enchantment table.
"Oh..... Hey Grian....."
"What's with the..... Nevermind... Can I talk to you?"
"About what? You want to divorce like Pearl and Scott did? Go run off with big B?"
"No, scar, I don't. I realized what I did was wrong."
"Yeah you're just saying that so I'll go back to following your orders, huh?"
"No im not"
"Yeah right"
I grab the book and quill from my bed and write a response in the book:

Dear Big B,
We are no longer secret soulmates.
Sorry

Grian

I sign the book so it can't be altered and show scar what I wrote.
"Yeah you're just gonna throw it out before giving it to him"
"Oh yeah?" I grab his arm and drag him with me to see big B.
"Oh hey grian. Thanks for the you know what."
I shove the book in big B's hands and drag scar off back to our base

Once we return I ask Scar, "do you believe me now?"
"I-im sorry Grian..... I just.... I was scared you'd leave me..."
"It's okay scar. I'd be upset if the roles were reversed. But anyways, WHY DO YOU HAVE THE ENCHANTMENT TABLE??!!!!?"
"O-Oh eheheh. Uhm...."
I cross my arms waiting for his explanation
"Well. I was mad and thought you were leaving me cus you thought I wasn't good enough, so I wanted to prove myself worthy to you...."
"Well, don't tell anyone you have the enchantment table, we don't need people burning down our flammable cake house."
"Uh... About that... I think bdubs might have seen me take it....."
I sigh, "it's okay scar. We'll figure it out. But for now, we may as well get our gear maxed out."

Scar's P.O.V.

Awh jeez... I went and messed up. I've gotta put the enchantment table back... I should have known grian wasn't a jerk like that... He's a great person, that's why I've always loved him.... I just... Don't know how to tell him......