2 // Kitten, Part 2

❥ KNOX'S POV

KNOX'S POV

When the hot water comes on, only then does Knox look away, smiling to himself for no reason. He pulls out his phone and sends a few texts while Everett washes his trauma away.

Fifteen minutes later, Everett asks Knox for the towel. He hands it over without teasing, even allows Everett to get dressed with the bathroom door closed. Not like there's anything inside he can use as a weapon. Though it would be a comical sight to see him charge at Knox with a toothbrush in his hand.

"Come sit." Knox is at the foot of his king-sized bed, patting the space next to him after Everett steps out of the bathroom in his skinny jeans and Knox's giant t-shirt.

Somehow he looks even more adorable than what he did before.

"I'd rather stand." Everett remains by the bathroom door with his skinny arms wrapped tight around his middle. "And before you grill me again, I really have nothing more to say. I told you everything that I know about Shaun. What more do you want from me?"

"Your side of the story," Knox answers. "From the moment you first met Shaun to now, I want to know everything. Where you went with him. What you talked about. What you did with him in private. Every little detail. And do not hold back on me."

Everett sighs, staring down at the ground. "I met Shaun at the grocery store. He approached me and made small talk. I thought he was funny and hot, so I gave him a chance. Long story short, we exchanged numbers. After that, things were just... you know, super casual. We haven't even had sex yet."

Knox raises a brow. "You a virgin?"

"What? No!" Everett shakes his head, turning red from embarrassment. "When I found out Shaun was a biker, I wanted to make him work for it. For... sex. I enjoyed hanging out with him, but I was afraid if I gave it up too soon, he'd ghost me."

"Go on."

"He took me out on a few dates around town. The majority of our conversations mainly revolved around me now that I think about it." Everett pauses, staring off into space. "Whenever I asked him stuff about being a biker, he'd always spin the conversation back around to focus on me. I... I don't even think I know what his last name is."

"He really told you nothing about himself?" Knox questions.

"Nothing that gave me any clue about what he did for a living with his club," Everett says. "Tonight, though, I overheard a phone call he was on. He was supposed to deliver a package to somebody, but he chose not to because we were together. I think he was speaking in code or something, and the package that he was talking about is actually the USB."

"Makes sense," Knox says. "The fucking cure to cancer must be on that thing if he was desperate enough to give it to you, someone he's known for weeks, in order to keep it away from the cops."