26 // One Taste

❥ KNOX'S POV

KNOX'S POV

Knox slams his drink down on the table and storms off in search of Everett, who is no longer standing by Finn at the grill.

Josie couldn't have been in charge of inviting people over today because if she had been, Hayes Mitchell wouldn't be here right now. He works as a washer at The Angel's Lounge, The Fallen Angel's strip club, and cleans some of the dirty money that comes in.

The kind of money that's unrelated to the bills patrons toss at the dancers who flex their skills on stage.

Not only is Hayes one of the best at what he does, but he's also the biggest fucking flirt Knox has ever encountered. The brazen fool had nearly lost his life trying to make a pass on Josie before Gavin had claimed her as his Ol' lady. Hayes' horniness knows no bounds, and gender never mattered to him. Knox is certain Hayes would fuck a brick wall if it spoke to him nicely and had a hole for his dick to go into.

Regardless, he's a dead man walking if he made a move on Everett.

"Hey. You seen Everett around?" Knox finds Mason sitting underneath a tree with a woman on his lap and his iPad in one hand, their eyes glued to the screen. "He was with Finn earlier by the grill, then I blinked, and he fucking disappeared."

"Check the house," Mason mutters, not even bothering to make eye contact. "I think he got wet and then left to change clothes or something."

Knox's posture stiffens and his brain stutters to a halt at the word wet. When he speaks again, his voice comes out low and rough. "He got wet? The fuck is that supposed to mean?"

Mason finally looks up to read the room when Knox kicks at his feet to get his attention. He swallows hard and sits up straight, Knox's icy stare making him fumble over his words.

"He was standing by the, uh... the cooler getting a drink or something, and then... I think I saw him talking to Hayes, or maybe it was somebody else, when the football went flying in his direction and knocked his drink—"

"I heard enough. Thanks." Knox turns on his heel and stalks toward the backdoor of the clubhouse, both hands clenched into tight fists.

His mind races with unsettling thoughts as he shoves his way through the rowdy crowd. Of course Hayes used this opportunity to get closer to Everett, one of the few people at the cookout who Hayes hasn't shared a bed with.

Just the thought of Hayes and Everett being together right now, and all alone at that, fuels a surge of possessive anger within Knox that makes him see red. Knox isn't worried about Everett entertaining Hayes because he knows where Everett's loyalty lies. It's Hayes who's the fucking problem. Him and his laid-back attitude and those stupid green eyes that he works as part of his gentleman act.

Thank God Hayes' appearance leans more toward I Work in Corporate America than Look at Me Wrong and I'll Shoot You, because then Knox might actually have some competition to worry about, given that Everett apparently has a thing for bikers, or rather, Hayes could also be considered...