31 // Bear

❥ EVERETT'S POV

EVERETT'S POV

Everett's body aches in the best way as he wakes up with a lazy grin on his face.

If he wasn't so deliciously worn out, he'd straddle Knox and would ask for another round... or three.

From pain to pleasure to everything in between, Everett felt all that Knox had wanted to give him last night. Felt it so deep in his fucking soul that it'd take a holy cleansing straight from God Himself to fully rid Everett of Knox's imprint.

"Knox?" Everett shifts in the bed, the sheets wrapping around him as he moves. His eyes fully fly open when his fingers brush against something soft and... furry? "What the—" He turns his head to find a wagging dog's tail. It's attached to a chocolate-colored labradoodle who leaps on him after he shrieks from surprise. "Woah! Hey, buddy. Where'd you come from?"

Everett laughs while being attacked with kisses, his mind simultaneously spinning with questions. Whose adorable dog is this? Where did it come from? And why is it in Knox's room? He glances around the bedroom for a second time, half expecting Knox to pop out from somewhere and explain it all, but it's just him and the dog.

"You must belong to one of the members. Where's your owner, huh?" Everett babytalk's the animal while petting it, finally noticing it has no collar. "Oh. Maybe you don't have an owner..."

What the hell is going on, Knox? Where are you? Everett gently pushes the dog off him to stand and get dressed.

He's only known Knox for a short while, but it's been long enough to make the claim that Knox isn't the type of man who wakes up one day to randomly purchase a dog. That type of commitment requires time that, between the MC and entertaining Everett, Knox doesn't have.

But there is, however, someone who currently has too much time on their hands.

"Oh, fuck no." Everett voices his thoughts out loud, desperately trying to convince himself that Knox didn't actually go out and purchase the dog for him. "That doesn't make sense. Why would..." he pauses, looking back at the dog who's now chewing on one of Knox's shoes. "No way he'd do something like that. There's just no way. I mean, we're not even..."

Dating.

Together.

Boyfriends.

Last night surely told a different story, though. As their bodies bonded in the most intimate way possible, Everett would've happily defined them as being all the above and then some. For several wonderful hours, he and Knox lived in a quiet, beautiful delusion where titles meant everything and nothing at the same time. All that truly mattered was the act of connecting on a deeper level, something they did and thoroughly enjoyed multiple times.

So how the fuck did he go from that to being a potential dog dad?

"What is it, buddy?" Everett approaches the barking dog after slipping on a shirt, and it takes him up the bedroom door. "You hear someone out there? Who is it, huh? Who is it?"