30 // Mercy

TW: at this point y'all should already know lol 😂

KNOX'S POV

Knox slips on a pair of gloves after getting the tarp set up on the floor. "Finn?"

"Yeah?"

"Take the dog out to the truck and then come back for the Jackal's bike. I got Hayes from here."

"No!" Hayes' panic intensifies, and his grip on the dog tightens. "You're not fucking listening to me! If you would just stop and let me explain why he was here, then you'd know that I didn't—"

"How about you speak when I tell you to fucking speak?" Knox's patience is frayed. He marches over to Hayes and a snarl curls his lips as he speaks, "You aren't walking out of this goddamn house alive, so I suggest you shut the fuck up and do what I fucking say because the longer you stall, the more creative my thoughts get for how I want to end you."

Tears stream down Hayes' face as reality officially sets in. "Please don't hurt Milo. I don't care what you do to me... just don't hurt my dog. He's innocent."

"I'm not the monster you think I am. I kill worthless fucks like you, not animals," Knox says, cracking his knuckles. "Now give Finn the damn dog."

The scent of fear wafts from Hayes. Knox can almost taste the man's desperation, and it fills him with a sick satisfaction. He notices the slight tremor in Hayes' hands as he plants a desperate kiss on his dog's head before reluctantly releasing it. Finn whistles, and the labradoodle bounds toward him like he's dangling a juicy treat from his hand.

After they leave the house, Knox makes his move.

He grabs Hayes by the neck and punches him in the face with his free hand, a violent explosion of force that crunches against his nose, breaking it instantly. Blood sprays everywhere, but the sight doesn't bother him, and neither do Hayes' tears. The sound of the man's cries get distorted by the blood welling in his mouth, and even still, Knox doesn't let up.

He shoves Hayes down onto the plastic tarp and stomps the shit out of him again and again.

He doesn't allow the man a second's worth of rest as he eventually gives his legs a break and reverts back to using his fists. Blow after blow rains down, his fists leaving fresh waves of carnage on Hayes' already wrecked face. Every hit sends a shock of raw energy coursing throughout Knox's body, a primal thrill he's come to recognize in moments like these.

Hayes' garbled pleas for mercy fall on deaf ears.

Knox's body is humming with power, the pain of his own bruised knuckles and strained muscles only serving to strengthen his stamina. He's so focused on making Hayes pay for coming after Everett and disrespecting their relationship that he nearly forgets about the dead man lying a few feet away.