43 // Vibes

❥ EVERETT'S POV

EVERETT'S POV

"I can't believe I let you talk me into doing this."

Everett wipes his sweaty palms down the front of his jeans while walking toward the front door of his childhood home, his heart pounding in his chest.

"Are you sure we shouldn't come up with a different story? I don't think that—"

"You're stressing over nothing." Knox chuckles, resting one hand on the back of Everett's neck while leaning down to whisper in his ear. "Or are you that ashamed to introduce me to your parents as your boyfriend?"

"Not ashamed," Everett answers right away, blushing. "Just nervous. I've never brought a guy over to meet my parents. Never had a reason to."

"I told you I'd be on my best behavior, didn't I? Even left my cut and bike behind for this." Knox lowers his hand to grip Everett's waist and pull him in close, their eyes meeting in a heated lock. "You trust me, kitten?"

"Always."

"Then relax and stop overthinking shit. Your folks are gonna love me."

Everett rolls his eyes, smiling softly. He wraps his arms around Knox's waist and rests his head against the man's chest. "Thanks for doing this. I didn't know how much I needed it until we pulled into the driveway."

"It's my fault for keeping you away from them for so long."

"For a good reason."

"Still. Talking to your folks over the phone doesn't compare to seeing them in person. We should've done this sooner."

"Based on our lie, we weren't boyfriends back then." Everett pulls back and purses his lips, asking for a kiss. Knox obliges, keeping it PG as best he can while walking Everett backward toward the front door. "Want to know something I've never done before?" he pants, smirking something wicked.

"Fucked a biker in your childhood bedroom?" Knox guesses correctly, cupping Everett's ass. "I'm more than happy to be your first and last."

"What the hell? Are you a mind reader now?" Everett laughs.

The front door swings open before Knox can respond with something filthier.

Everett's father, Gary, appears in the doorway, his presence commanding immediate attention. Everett and Knox part quickly, a slight awkwardness in their movements as Everett begins to speak. Gary's expression softens after landing on his son's face, not wasting another second before pulling him into a hug.

Knox smiles and respectfully stands off to the side, letting them have their moment until Everett grabs his hand and properly introduces him.

"Knox, this is my dad, Gary. Dad, this is Knox," Everett starts, the color of his freckled cheeks reverting to a tinted pink. "He's—"