DNA Doesn't Lie

However, Wednesday a week later, Aizawa asked for Anna to come with her to Nezu's office.

When they arrived, Anna could almost feel the tension in the room. There was a black-haired youthful looking woman sitting in front of a desk with a small, white-furred, rodent-like creature. She was told that was Nezu's appearance, and this was the first time she had ever seen anything like him. He was small, fluffy, with soft paws gripping a teacup, and wearing a little suit. It was adorable, even with the scar over his eye. However, she was reminded of the fact that others were here, and Anna was still self conscious about her appearance, so she kept her rabbit mask on. Standing at the back, Anna didn't understand what was going on.

Nezu was first to speak, his voice chirping in response to her arrival. "Ah, Anastasia, take a seat."

She didn't move. "Why am I here?"

All eyes were on her now.

Aizawa knew this was a bad idea back when he first heard about it. Anna didn't consider herself a part of the Yaoyorozus, and it was a bad idea to force her to accept it. But... Nezu was required to give that information to the relevant authorities, making it out of his hands. And Saiko demanded to see her. Since she was a major donor, and member of the UA board, they had to oblige.

Nezu explained to the nervous student. "Well... we took a sample of your blood to test. Basic health guidelines with injuries at your level. Well... you have a 99.4% DNA match with Mrs. Saiko Yaoyorozu." He gestured to the woman, who stood up. She was tall, but Anna was much, much taller. When Aizawa first saw her, he believed she was at least in her late twenties, but Anna was just naturally 7 ft., 9 in. tall. It was bizarre for those that didn't know her, but it was just reality. And reality often didn't make sense, as Aizawa had come to find out about a certain green haired student under his care. However, now he had to focus on the girl in front of him, who now tilted her head in confusion.

"What does that mean?" She was still behind on many subjects, biology one of them.

Aizawa sighed, and gave the news that he knew had a high likelihood of not being taken well, "It is likely that Saiko is your birth mother."

She didn't speak. She didn't have anything to say. She knew that she wasn't from Russia originally, and that Anya wasn't her actual mother... but to find her birth mother? And have her here? She didn't believe it. The claim... made her wary. And that was immediately picked up by the pro hero. He knew she would be able to overpower him in brute strength, and his quirk couldn't influence that, as it was all natural.

Meanwhile, Saiko herself was teary eyed with desperation, "Is... is it true? Are you my daughter?"

"I..." She didn't know what to say. After all, who would? Tell the mother who grieved for over a decade that her hope was wrong? Yeah, that wouldn't work.

"Can I see your face?" She walked closer to the student.

In response, gripped the sides of her mask, and stepped back. Aizawa could feel the tension rising, "Nezu, please don't allow her to do anything irrational. It's going to trigger the feral response like Endeavour did."

However, what Aizawa just said did not go unnoticed by the masked ravenette, who immediately picked up on the hero's name and started to panic even more. As Saiko reached out and touched the rabbit mask, that pushed her over the edge.

(YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER! SHE DIED PROTECTING ME, WHILE YOU WERE HERE!) Anna shouted in Russian, before turning away, towards the door. She was going to leave when the ravenette heard what she responded with. "I thought you were dead!" The woman shouted back, pleading, "I thought that everyone on that flight died! I lost my husband, your father, in that crash! I thought I lost my little Momo... I carried you for 9 months. I cared for you, set up everything to make your life as good as it could be. And then... you were lost. For 14 years I cried myself to sleep." At this point, Anna turned back to her. And she could see the pain in her eyes. The misery she must have gone through. "It was like a part of me died... and then I get a call that you are alive..." She smiled, a genuine, kind smile. 

Even despite her own feelings on the issue... Anna wouldn't be so cruel as to reject that. In Japanese, the ravenette said, "I will give you one chance." She approached her, and leant down to her height. "One."

"That is all I ask." She smiled, before asking Nezu. "Can I take her home on Friday?"
"Of course. You are, legally, her parent." The creature said.

"I can't wait to finally get to know you!" She said, hugging the large, frankly Amazonian woman, before bowing to Nezu. "Thank you, for finding and bringing her home."

"It is nothing." Nezu said, waving as she left. However, Anna didn't know what to do next. Aizawa, however, told her, "Look, you may not see her as your mother, but... just give it an honest effort, okay?"

She nodded, before turning to the door. She said before she left, (If she insults Mat' then I won't forgive her.)

The man blinked before nodding, (Just don't do anything too extreme. Killing is not allowed here.)

She didn't respond, but left the room, closing the large doors of Nezu's office. The chimera looked at him, quizzically. "She's killed before?"

"Yeah... I've tried to keep that out of her record, to give her the best chance."

"Really...?" It was then that their thoughts were interrupted by humming. They didn't speak any more until the tune slowly dissipated. It left them enough time to think, and to worry about her future.