Loose Ends Wrapped Up Nicely

The Skull Merchant was busy assembling a new drone. She loved them, ever since she based her mercenary persona off of her father's greatest works. However... she didn't have much time to dedicate to this. Being CEO of several prominent Latin American companies did tend to suck time away from you... so she stuck to what she enjoyed when she could. It was then, however, her phone rang, and she picked it up. Even before she heard his voice, she knew it was the client. "Skull Merchant here."

The man's voice was ancient, powerful, and sophisticated as he responded. "Indeed... I heard the mission was a success?"
"Yes. Every loose end taken care of. Asset is primed for acquisition at any time."
The voice remained constant, but she could imagine his grin. "Good... Those wrapped up rather nicely. For now, just monitor her. I will let you know when the time is right."

"Very well. I've sent you the footage of the... encounter." She said, tapping at a tablet, sending the files.

"Excellent. I'm sure the Doctor would love to review it. Your payment will be delivered as promised."

"Plus expenses. I lost a lot of equipment and men to her. Those aren't cheap."

"Of course. I expected as much. I will reach out when I need you." The Client promptly hung up, leaving the Merchant to her devices. She smiled as she fit a skull, a reptilian one from one of her private hunts, to it. Adding a bit of flair and an intimidation factor. Appreciating her work, she sighed, content and ready for the future.

A Few Weeks Later:

Izuku sat on the sofa in the UA common room. Ochako was next to him, and they were both thinking of Anna. Their friend. For Izuku, his teacher. Both of their saviors.

And now she is gone. Just as quickly as she arrived, she was gone.

However, instead of just worrying, they thought about a different thing: Where is her home? We have to find it. And so they had made a promise. Once they were both financially stable enough, they would head out to find her. See if she survived... it was then that the TV that some of their classmates were watching broadcast into the news. And the next one surprised them both. "The Kagakase corporation, headed by Saiko Yaoyorozu, was recently bought out by by the umbrella corporation: Apex Solutions. The CEO, Adriana Imai, has this to say about the collapse of Kagakase..." It then switched to a face showing a beautiful latin american woman, wearing a stunning dress in front of a press group. "We hope to keep things running as normal."

A reporter asked, hoping for some juicy gossip. "What about rumors that her daughter is somehow involved with her disappearance?"
"I am a CEO. Not a detective. The police should be asked. Not me." She answered diplomatically.
"Are all of the advancements in the research division going to be continued?"
She nodded, "Of course."

There was one final question, "What do you promise those who are concerned about your rather... aggressive acquisition after the disappearance of the previous CEO?"

Her face didn't change, but continued, "We have no idea why the previous CEO went missing. Those standing in for her, however, saw fit to sell their company to us in order to help steer them through rather unsteady times towards a better future. We hope that, in time, those working under us will appreciate our unique drive to rapidly improve and will eventually rely on the infrastructure we have. Times change, and companies regularly fade in and out of relevancy. It is our mission to make sure that Saiko Yaoyorozu's work is not left behind. At any cost."

Aizawa sat in Nezu's office, as the rat talked about his class. It was an annual report, nothing special, at least until Nezu spoke: "Did you hear the announcement this morning?"

"About Yaoyorozu?"

"Yes. Her disappearance has caused many things to change rapidly. Do you think Anna is involved?"

He, knowing full well Nezu was on her side, said, "Of course. Saiko Yaoyorozu goes off onto a vacation in Russia after finding out that her daughter had gone back? Of course it smells off. She went back, Anna refused."

"But... it's strange how quickly things are shifting. Almost as if it was prepared to happen beforehand."

Aizawa was surprised. "You think Imai is... involved?"
"I'm not saying anything. But... with her past strategy of taking in and destroying corporations thoroughly, with many of their CEO's going missing afterwards... it does make one think."

"How come this hasn't been noticed?"Nezu nodded, explaining to his colleague. "It has by a select few, but this is the first time a high level, ancient economic power: Yaoyorozu, has been taken in. It's going to turn heads. All we can do for now is keep our heads down, and hope for the best. With Imai involved in Japan, we will have to move forward carefully."

The two of them sat opposite each other, contemplating the future as snow started to fall outside their window.

Winter is just around the corner... if only we knew how to prepare for it.