Chapter 10

<*>

Crimson sat motionless in the dank, dark, and claustrophobic area that was the brig underneath the Dauntless. She felt the ship sway side to side and moved along with only a blank expression upon her face. After all she did, after she saved the life of the highest Navy officer on this boat, she was still thrown into the brig as if nothing happened... ok not necessarily thrown... carefully placed but whatever. The disrespect was obvious. However much she hated it though, she knew quite well that it could be much worse. The Commodore made sure that they had no shackles and even gave them fresh food from the ship's storage. She was grateful since she'd been living for days off liquor and stale bread.
Crimson turned towards the other two prisoners sitting in the dirt along with her; Jack and Will. Crimson was delighted to find out that Jack, Will, and Elizabeth had emerged from the caves safely and that Barbossa had died in the fight between the four of them. Nonetheless they were placed in the brig as well. They knew where they were going. They didn't even have to ask. Port Royal. The main station of the British Navy in which Elizabeth's father happened to be the Governor. What was waiting for them there? The gallows. There was no doubt about it. After all they had done in the "heroes" department they were still going to die a pirates death. Jack had seen it coming so unsurprisingly he was carefree, drinking away the fear. Crimson and Will however? They hadn't come to terms just yet... and it was noticeable.

"Will!?"

Will shot up from his seated position and stood against the bars facing the narrow stairs. From the dark shadow emerged Elizabeth dressed in brand new clothing and hair perfectly coiffed. However good her appearance was couldn't cover up her worrisome expression when she saw the conditions they were in.

"I was told by Commodore Norrington that you and Crimson are needed in his quarters." said Elizabeth once she was face to face with Will with the bars between them.

"And what's the reason?" spoke up Crimson as she stepped over Jack's nearly passed out body and made her way beside Will.

"He didn't say..." answered Elizabeth. "He just said it was important... and to hurry."

"Is he to tell us the type of rope that's to be tied around our necks?" asked Crimson sarcastically.

"Or ask for our suggestions on your wedding band..." Will quietly added on before stopping as he watched Elizabeth's eyes lower in sadness.

Silence passed before Crimson broke it by fidgeting with the locked bars. "He said to be quick right?"

Elizabeth quickly took the keys and shoved each one in before finding the one that fit perfectly and turning it causing the door to creak open.

They walked behind Elizabeth until they made it to the top deck on which two soldiers took her place to lead both Will and Crimson towards the double mahogany wood doors that Crimson had found Governor Swann cowering against just hours before. They didn't know why they were requested to go but for all they knew it could be bad... extremely bad. The crimes of piracy were so high that even fraternizing with anyone deemed as a pirate could lead you straight to the gallows without a second thought. Saving a life or two was out of the question of whether or not it will lower your sentence let alone set you free. Crimson knew this and stepped into that office without a sliver of hope... Will on the other hand.

"Have you come to your senses? Are we really to die?" said Will as soon as he stepped into the grand office that was Commodore Norrington's quarters. The office was large. Large for a ship that is. From the light of day you could notice the many gold embellishments and scattered jewels that reflected the light to a point that it looked to be fit for a king. Crimson couldn't take her eyes off the gold to the point that at first it took a while to notice Norrington sitting still and silent behind his mahogany desk that fit in nicely with the rest of the decor.