the shock

Luffys wakes up and instinctively goes to snuggle into shanks for warmth but he wasn't ther, "shanks?" She says up and looked around,, no answer "shanks!" She got out of the bed and grabbed a shirt from the closet putting it on "SHANKS!?" She walked out the room and searched the house, not finding him anywhere she started to panic, "no- no no no no...where is he where is he?!" She ran outside and ran out to the forest, it was shanks favorite spot to calm dow or relax at in the morning but when she found his spot she only saw the start of a trail of blood, "no...." She ran following the blood in hope she would find her boyfriend "SHANKS ANSWER ME U DUMBASS!?" She got to where the blood stoped and looked around seeing red fur pokeing out of some bushes she pulled on it, it was his tail as she heard a groan on the other side of it she carfully got him out as it looked like he got shot in the arm, "shanks..." he groaned again before opening one eye, "am I dead?" , "no not yet" he smiled "well I see an Angel infront of me" she blushed but quickly turned it away "why did u leave me!?" She teared up yelling at him "I'm sorry hun...I was going out to calm down after I cut my hand but- someone shot me I guess...then I blacked out...I have no idea who it was..." she resulved to crying and just hugged him crying into his chest "I didn't mean to scare u like that..." he put his arm, that wasn't shot on her back for comfort, as he tried to move his other arm he gasped in pain but held in the yell not wanting to worry luffy more, "shanks don't, move ur arm! Your only gana cause yourself more pain!?" Ne sighed and stopped trying, she sat up and held her hand out for him to grab. He grabbed her hand as she pulled him up luffy carfully put his arm around her neck and walks with him, "luff- y-you don't need to help...i-its fine! I'm the idiot that ran off without hiding my ears and tail! Go back to the bunker, where you'll be safe!" She was worried she didn't even feel sadness or anger! She's was only worried about her future husband... "no I'm not keaveing u to die dumbass!? I'm not like that besides we need to get u to the doctor, you've lost to much blood and if we don't make it I'm never going to leave side...till the day I die!" He looked at her shocked before smiling as he knows luffys finally found the right person to bee with. Luffy finally entered the village with shanks behind the bar, "MAKINO SAN!!!" She yelled, like her life and shanks life depend on it, out came makino with a shocked look on her face "luffy! Shanks! What happened!?" Makino helped luffy get shanks inside, he started to lose balance so the sat on the floor against the wall. "Stay here u two- I'll go get the doc..he shouldn't be to far!" Luffy nodded and sat next to shanks keeping her straight strong face and hugs him from the side. "Luff- you can cry...just let it all out, I know your needing to cry right now..." she keep her straight face for a couple more second before glancing at his bleeding arm, she started to cry letting shanks engulf her small thin body with his good arm. Around 10 mins past and shanks hadn't passed out yet, he heard fast foot steps comeing at him though, luffy cried herself to sleep on him lap, "how did u even get shot?! And why?!" The doctor practically yelled , he looked at him and shrugged Goering back to looking at luffy sleep so peacefully on his lap running his fingers through her short messy hair. "Anyways you should be fine but I will have to remove that bullet from your arm." He looked at him as his eye started to feel heavy he asked "is it bad to feeeeeel- woosy‽ all of sudden?" The doctor rushed to him as his eyes shut putting him in a sleeping trance. The town doctor slowly and carefully removed the bullet and wrapped shanks arm up to help stop the bleeding. Makino nodded and followed the doctor out "So will he be fine?" The old man nodded and walked off leaveing Makino to work.

2 hours later

Shanks wakes up under the bar counter tops so as he goes to sit up Makino pushes him back down..she gave her a look saying 'what the hell was that for?!' Makeing Makino whisper, "the mountain bandits are here and u need to look after luffy the two dint have a good history together," he nodded and looked at his lap with luffy still sleeping he maneuvered her to sit facing him hugging him. Shanks then put both his arm on luffys back and decided to not fall asslep but to let his ears and tail out putting his tail on her back aswell. "Oi lady?! Where's the red hair and my darling eh? I know your hiding them?!" Makino looked shocked before glancing down at shanks mouthing 'run' he nodded and carfully and quietly snuck out the back, "BOSS BACK HERE" luffy started to wake up as shanks started to panic and run to the bunker, hearing the footsteps of the bandits behind him shanks turned to the jungle hoping to lose them. After stopping o catch his breath he hears a whimper and looks at kuffy still clinging to him, "shit, I didn't know u even woke up! Hey don't cry luff- I'll take care of them just don't let me go ok?" Luffy looked up at him as she dropped her legs to stand, luffy nodded before slamming their lips together and kissing, shanks eyes went wide for a second untill he started to kiss back making it the most passionate amd loved filled kiss they have ever done. Once they broke apart luffy and shanks both hugged eachother as if they haven't seen echother in years, soon there was a sound of a branch breaking now putting luffy and shanks on alert they reveal their tail and ears as there eyes went to a slit one of the bandits crew members launched at the two as luffy jumps to the side to dodge it shanks pulls out his sword and stabbs him in the stomach letting him drop. They hid the tail and ears and ran as fast as they could in the direction of luffys bunker. Once there shanks hopped in as luffy put the cover to hide the bunker up following shanks in, they hear footsteps that stop infront of the bunker, "huh? Where did they go?! We followed them right here?!" They walked away from the bunker in search of Luffy but in the bunker Luffy was having a panic attack, "hey hey! Luff! Look at me! U gata calm down ur fine! I'm here your safe but u need to breath hun breathe." Luffy started to follow shanks breathing pattern and calmed down a bit, once she finally calmed down she started to cry. "S-shanks I-I", "shhh- just focus on calming down if u keep crying your gana have another panic attack..." Luffy slowly but surely started to calm down like shanks asked. Once she calmed down she decided to ask him her question "shanks- I love you but... you didn't have to do this..." he loosens his grip and looks down at her "yes I did...I can't bear to watch u be hunted down by those bastards ok- I love you to much to let anything happen to you!" Luffy smiled and gave him a kiss on cheek "thank you hun....I love you" shanks was frozen for a second before replying, "I-I love you to luff."