Chapter 1

"...huh?" Our main protagonist asked herself while staring at the room of a four foster bed she never owned.

"Wait..." She paused, realizing how soft and comfortable the duvet and pillows she was lying on was, knowing full well she was never rich enough to afford these types of sheets.

"H-Hold on..." She stammered, taking note of just how young her voice sounded. No, it sounded more than that.

She pushed the sheets off of her then ran to the nearest vanity, taking note of how regal the room she was in looked.

"No way..." She whispered in disbelief as she pulled the chair of the vanity.

"There is no way." She told herself again, climbing on top of the chair.

"I'm..." She paused, taking note of her appearance.

"I'M KATARINA CLAES?!" She screamed, not believing what she was seeing.

She then quickly covered her mouth, hoping that no one heard her loud scream, though that was unlikely.

She kept staring at her, Katarina's(?) reflection in awe. There were crossing bandages on her forehead, most likely from planting face first while walking with Gerald in their castle gardens. Oh God, she really was Katarina. She actually got reincarnated as Katarina.

"When I said I wanted to change Katarina's paths, I didn't mean it literally." She told herself, fidgeting with her bangs.

She was a simple girl who watched the anime and finished it about a week ago. Someone who was unsatisfied with how the story was going. Someone who wanted to change parts of the anime because she wanted more character development. That was all she could remember before waking up inside Katarina's body.

"Hold up... Did I die...?" She asked herself, the realization hitting her like a brick to the head.

She tried to think back again to the days before she got here as Katarina. She can vaguely remember smelling smoke but being unable to wake up inside her apartment room. The apartment she stayed it was shady, but cheap. She compensated safety and comfort for money. They always had an issue with the boiler room and thin walls.

"Looks like the boiler room got me huh." She told herself, leaning back at the realization.

The door opened slowly, and out came Ms. Ann, Katarina's personal maid and close confidant, at least later in life.

"Lady Katarina? Oh thank goodness." She said as she quickly walked towards her.

"How long was I out?" Katarina asked.

"Approximately three days, are you feeling better now my lady?" Ms. Ann asked.

"Yeah... A little dizzy, but not so bad considering how my forehead planted on the pavement," She joked, trying to make the air lighter.

Ms. Ann gave her a tight smile.

"You gave us all quite a fright, even prince Gerald came to visit for the past two days," Ms. Ann explained.

Oh yeah, and that's when he's going to try proposing to her. She had to reject the proposal.

"Is he here now?" Katarina asked.

"Yes, would you like me to fetch him?"

"Oh... no... No, I don't think that's necessary. I think I'd like to rest more," Katarina excused.

"Are you sure? He has been waiting since this morning for you to come to. Always asking me if you had woken up or not," Ms. Ann explained.

Katarina hummed. She really couldn't care less if Gerald was waiting for her, which is admittedly harsh. He did wait for her, but she doubts he was being genuine about it. Probably just waiting for the sake of obligation.