Chapter 5

A few weeks have passed since Keith arrived at his new home, and he has adjusted really well. His new family is really attentive. Their mother constantly going for picnics with them during days Katarina, Keith or both are practicing on the fields, their father always brings back some souvenirs and stories from his travels, and Katarina has been a very kind and comforting mentor to him.

Today however, he was at the library reading another fantasy book. Ever since Katarina gave him that book about an Earth Magician, Keith's been hooked with reading more fantasy stories. Right now, he was finishing his seventh book since his arrival. The book was about a Purple Magician learning how to cultivate his magic to stop an evil sorcerer. He was now at the part where all the Magician's practice will pay off through finally facing the evil sorcerer.

"Master Keith?" Someone suddenly said, though Keith didn't seem to notice.

Keith was still intently reading the book with full focus. Then he jumped up when he felt someone touch his shoulder. He looked up quickly and saw Ms. Ann staring at him.

"My lord, your sister has finished practice and asked if you'd like to join her for tea," Ms. Ann stated.

"OH! Wow I haven't noticed the time fly by so fast," Keith said as he slipped a book mark between the pages he was reading and closed the book.

"When will your next practice be Master Keith?"

"It won't be until next week, since I only practice with Katarina on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. It's already Friday." Keith explained as he got off the table.

"And how has your practice been fairing?"

The both of them began walking out of the library, Keith holding the Purple Magician's book on his right arm.

"It's been going quite well actually, I like the feeling that I finally have control over my magic. Though I still have a lot to learn,"

"I've noticed your progression as well Master Keith, it makes me proud to see how far you've gone for only a few weeks,"

"Thank you! Maybe one day I'll be as good as the Magician's and Sorcerers I've read through books,"

"It's also impressive how fast you've been reading, it feels like you go through 2,000 pages per week,"

"I'm planning on increasing that number, I really want to read every single fantasy novel in the library! Even if some aren't quite as good as the others,"

They both arrived at the tea room doors. Two man servants pushed open the door, revealing Katarina already sipping tea. Probably peppermint, she has a strange fondness for that stuff.

"Hey sister!" Keith greeted warmly.

Katarina smiled at him, then noticed the book clutched underneath his right armpit.

"Wow another book? Seems like you're going 2,000 pages per week," Katarina commented.

"I just really enjoy reading them, and really you act like 2,000 pages per week is too much." Keith answered as he sat down.

"I'm certain a could read 2,000 pages per DAY,"

"That's pretty impressive in on itself already,"

"Says the girl who could write a novel's worth of study notes,"

"Hey! They're meant to be stu-- WAIT!" Katarina suddenly shouted, almost making Keith choke on his tea.

It's simple honey tea with a hint of hazelnuts. He found out how much he liked the nutty and earthy smell after accidentally pouring some in his tea instead of sugar.