Chapter 6

Katarina stared at her reflection intently while two maids began setting her up in front of the full body mirror. She was wearing a beautiful open collared mint green dress with light brown loafers. One of the maids was tying her hair at the back using a ribbon of the same color as her dress, while the other maid was making adjustments to her dress to make sure that it fit perfectly.

Today was the day Katarina and (hopefully) Keith would go to the tea party.

'And the day I'm going to meet Mary Hunt,'

Another character in the anime. Mary Hunt was the daughter of the second marriage of Marquess Hunt. She's heavily despised and ignored by her half siblings simply because she was the daughter of the Marquess's second wife.

In the anime, Katarina was going to meet Mary a few days after her mother died while neither meet in the Fortune Lover game. Mary falls for Katarina after giving her a flattering compliment.

'Hopefully I could stop that. Then again, there are a lot of things different with my timeline. I rejected Gerald's proposal, gained the ability to weild Nature alongside my already present Earth Magic, and met Keith a month AFTER the rejected proposal. Not to mention, Keith's THANKFULLY not in love with me and now has an actual personality. Who knows what state Mary is in right now.

Still, I want to become friends with her. Just for the sake of it. I need more friends anyway,'

Katarina's thoughts were abruptly stopped when she heard the door to her room open up. Katarina turned slightly and saw Keith making his way towards her bed then plopping on top of it, face first. He suddenly groaned loudly.

"Good morning little brother," Katarina greeted, still facing the full body mirror.

Keith groaned as an answer.

"I'm going to assume that something is wrong," Katarina stated.

Keith groaned again then started talking with his face still lying flat on the bed.

"...come again? I couldn't understand a word that you said," Katarina answered.

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Keith lazily push himself off the bed and flip himself so he was now facing the roof.

"I don't see why I have to go with you," Keith said finally.

"I'm hurt, are you saying you don't want to accompany me?" Katarina asked in a dramatic, sad tone.

Keith sighed loudly.

"It's not that, I'm willing to accompany you anywhere, just not at a social gathering,"

"Oh, and why-ever not?"

"I just... I'd rather finish writing my story. I'm already almost done with the second chapter,"

"Alright, I admit that's kind of impressive. Still though, can't you make this day a break day?"

"Lady Katarina says that like she ever takes breaks herself," One of the maids said jokingly, making the other maid chuckle.

"Hey! I've been taking breaks," Katarina stated with a pout.

Katarina heard Keith sigh again and turn to the side, now laying on his left. After a few more adjustments, the maids stepped back to admire their handiwork. Once satisfied they both bowed to Katarina.