Chapter 14

Naturally, everyone was confused. Everyone except Gerald and Alan of course. The two of them along with the rest of their friends were sitting on their beds, Gerald finishing up the rest of their story as the rest stared at them in confusion.

"One thing lead to another--"

"We fought--"

"Quiet Alan. Again one thing led to another and we ended up passing through the mirror."

Everyone else sat there in awed silence, Mary sitting cross legged on the bed looking at the rest of them with her face leaning on her arm, which was resting on her thigh.

"Honestly, I saw the both of them pass through the mirror. And even then I still can't believe it," Mary stated.

Katarina meanwhile, was staring at the twins with worry.

"You know, you didn't have to go that far to help me..." Katarina stated.

"Katarina no. Be serious, you would do the exact same thing and in fact you HAVE done the exact same thing," Mary countered.

"Still, imagine if the archives weren't real. Both Alan and Gerald would have risked their lives for nothing,"

"So let's be thankful that they ARE real and that Gerald and Alan got back safely." Mary countered sternly.

Katarina chose to be quiet, realizing that Mary won't likely accept her self depreciation. She was wearing a long dress that covered her upper torso up until her neck to hide the green parts of her skin. While it hasn't spread further, it didn't subside either. Both her and Keith managed to convince their parents that she was now healthy enough to travel outside of their home. 

She instead focused her attention towards the information the twins had just relayed to them. Runes, magic wands, tiny winged human creatures (which are probably fairies or pixies, she never figured out the difference between the two), things that were never present in the anime.

'Did I alter the timeline or did I reincarnate in an expanded version of the game?'

"I've never heard of these 'runes' things before," Nicole stated.

"I have, they're everywhere in the fantasy books I've read," Keith answered.

"Did you ever find a way to enter the mirror again? Katarina asked.

"No, we even tried shooting it with our respective magic. None of them worked,"

"I mean, Sophia, Nicole and Keith haven't tried yet, maybe the runes would react to them?" Mary suggested.

"I don't suggest Katarina doing it however, not until we figure out what's going on with her," She added.

"That's fair, especially given how volatile my sister's magic has become. The thorns that appear whenever she feels uneasy have grown bigger now,"

"I guess too much practice really is detrimental to your health huh," She joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"We can try testing the mirror now?" Keith suggested.

"We can't, it's too early in the morning. Our presence would be missed too quickly, especially now that the castle is making preparations for the End and Start ball,"

"Your family actually went through with Vicountess  Antoinette's suggestion?"

"Unfortunately. They're all currently gathered around in the meeting hall discussing what needs to be done in order for the first ever ball to be a success," Alan answered, sounding genuinely tired.

"The decorating hasn't even started yet and you already look like you want to give up," Nicole joked.

"That's because I already know that I'm going to end up getting roped into decorating again,"