Chapter 15

Their schedules quickly became filled with the responsibilities they had to plan the End and Start Week. Their mornings were spent in the castle at the Grand Planning Room discussing and making plans for the week (while trying to keep their sanity due to the awful workers that were assigned to them).

"Lady Sophia please reconsider the book fair. You must understand that it does not serve any importance to the trade and wellbeing of the kingdom,"

"Uhm..."

"Defy her wishes again and I will kick your shins,"

"M-Mary..."

While their nights were spent in the Archives, reading everything they could to figure out what was going on with Katarina.

"You think if I licked the glass, the case full of wands would react?"

"Alan no,"

"Alan yes,"

"Alan please,"

Today they were in the Grand Planning Room again, finalizing the week of events they've created (no thanks to the awful workers). Amidst all the writing and paperwork, Katarina heaved out a long, tired yawn.

"How's your mother been reacting to you and Keith constantly going to the castle to help with the event?" Alan asked as he finished writing on his papers.

"Not too good. They don't want to hover over us too much, but they're growing worried that we might be overworking ourselves. Of course, there's also the issue of me still looking sick." Katarina answered before she closed her own journal.

"This week better be worth it..." Mary grumbled, her head lying tiredly on top of the table.

"We still have another problem..." Nicole trailed, gesturing to his arms as he glanced at Katarina.

Katarina sighed loudly before letting her head drop to the table with a loud thud. Keith quickly moved his chair near his sister and started patting her head. After a few seconds, King Owen entered the room with a spring on his step.

"Well how are the planners fairing today?" He asked cheerfully as he looked at the tired children in front of him.

"We just about finished the entire plan father, we'll be sending them all to you later for your review," Gerald answered.

"That's wonderful! The service you have done for the kingdom will be greatly appreciated. Now, if you'll excuse me, I still have some business to attend to. You are all free to spend your afternoon how you see fit." The King stated before he turned away and walked out of the room.

The wooden doors closed shut, leaving the noble children in the room. They all looked at each other curiously, taking in the tired faces of everyone in the room.

"Should we go back to the archives...?" Sophia asked softly after a few seconds of silence.

They all glanced at each other again, seemingly unsure of what to say. After a few more seconds of silence, Gerald speaks up.

"Honestly? After everything we've been through during the planning phase, I feel like we should give ourselves a break. We're already not having any luck with finding anything significant in the archives while we juggled our duties with planning, it might worsen if we search again while we're still fatigued," He explained.

"He's right. The more I stare at the books and the bookshelves at the place, the dizzier I get," Alan added.

"Not to mention the fact you almost got your tongue stuck on the glass wand case when you tried licking it," Mary mused, earning her a playful stick of the tongue from Alan.