Chapter 8

It was a beautiful Saturday morning. Both Keith and Katarina were busy with their own projects while inside Katarina's room, the both of them lying on opposite sides of the bed.

Katarina was scribbling characters and dresses onto her journal, while Keith was finishing up another chapter for his story.

Katarina's interest in dresses began during her first life, seeing as how old period fashion was really interesting and pretty to look at. After the clothing business their mother put up exploded in popularity in such a short time, Katarina's been finding herself drawing and designing dresses. She doesn't know how to sew however, not yet at least.

'To be fair though I was already pretty good at drawing in my previous life,'

"Hey, sister,"

"...yes?" Katarina asked, turning her head before moving her eyes to face Keith.

"Do you think you can draw my character, Sofie?"

"Hmmm... That's the girl with red eyes and white hair, right?"

"Yes, and I really want to add an illustration in the book with Kiel and Sofie,"

"Illustration? Wait do you mean you're planning on rewriting everything again after you're done?"

"Yes... I know it's tiring but that's how most published authors work,"

"I'm honestly really proud of you for getting this far." Katarina complimented while caressing Keith's head.

Keith smiled brightly at her.

"I'm not done yet sister, I still have a long way to go before I become a published author! Now back to drawing Sofie,"

"Maybe I should draw references of her before I give out the final illustrations? That way, you can choose which one fits Sofie's description best,"

"That's brilliant! I'm excited to see how they turn out," Keith stated enthusiastically.

"I'm also excited to read the rest of your story, you can't leave me at that cliffhanger little brother,"

There was a sudden knock on the door, and in came Ms. Ann. She walked inside and saw the two children staring back at her, pieces of paper and quills scattered about on Katarina's bed. Ms. Ann smiled at them.

"Good morning my lady and my lord, Prince Alan has arrived." Ms. Ann announced as she bowed.

"Is Lady Mary there as well?"

"She's not unfortunately, Prince Alan arrived alone,"

Katarina and Keith looked at each other curiously. It's not like this is the first time only one of them has visited, but with the upcoming tea party, they assumed both Mary and Alan would be present when they tell them the news.

They both got off the bed and started following Ms. Ann out the door and towards the tea room. Ms. Ann closed the door as they got out.

"How is your story going Lord Keith?" Ms. Ann asked while they were walking towards the downstairs tea room.

"It's been going really well! I'm planning on rewriting everything again but this time with illustrations,"

"Oh, so are you going to simply bind the pages next time instead of writing on your journal?"

"That's... that's a good idea actually,"

"And will Lady Katarina be in charge of the illustrations?"

"Yup, he already asked me to draw Sofie,"

"Oh wow, I'm excited to see how Sofie finally looks like,"

"That's the problem... I can't think of any designs for her yet,"