Chapter 4

She woke up to that familiar feeling of ache and stiffness again. It felt similarly to the first time she woke up after a fainting spell, the only difference is that this time it's a lot less painful. Or maybe her body has begun getting used to feeling this much fatigue.

'Either way, maybe I should stop overworking myself so much,'

She tried moving her body, starting with her arms and hands. They were both stiff, and the blood flow seemed stilted and scarce.

She started wiggling her fingers about, seeing if she could manage to return the normal blood flow in her body.

After a few more seconds of wiggling and shaking her limbs, she finally felt strong enough to lift herself from the bed.

"I did it!"

"Wonderful," Ms. Ann suddenly interjected, making Katarina scream.

Ms. Ann was standing a few steps away from her bed, carrying a tray with a teapot and a teacup and staring at her with annoyance and disappointment.

"How long have you been standing there?!"

"Long enough to see your curiosity become regret." Ms. Ann answered as she placed the tray on the study desk next to her bed.

Katarina stretched out her arms and back with an audible crack. Ms. Ann just kept staring at her with the same look of disappointment and annoyance.

"Hopefully you won't be able to over fatigue yourself today what with the new family member--"

"New family member?!" Katarina asked in optimistic surprise.

Ms. Ann stared at her and sighed. She started walking towards the study desk and poured some peppermint tea onto the teacup.

"Yes, they're waiting for you in the dining room." Ms. Ann stated as she handed Katarina the tea.

'Keith is here omg. Omg I haven't planned for this, what do I do?'

Keith Claes, the adopted brother of Katarina Claes. After accidentally hurting his brothers due to his magic coinciding with his extreme emotions, he was adopted by her father as a new heir to the manor.

"Lady Katarina," Ms. Ann stated, cutting Katarina's thoughts off.

Katarina turned her head and looked at Ms. Ann, who was giving her a sternly and disappointed look. Katarina sighed.

"I know I know...

"Do you? Because this is the third fainting spell thus week, and it's only been Wednesday,"

"I PROMISE I didn't mean to go too far, I thought I could handle it,"

"And look what happened,"

"I know and I'm sorry... I just wanted to see how far I could go--"

"Well maybe you shouldn't keep pushing that boundary." Ms. Ann said sternly, stomping her foot at the final sentence.

Katarina stared at her in shock, wide eyed and lips slightly parted. Ms. Ann's widened and she instinctively covered her mouth in shock. She just raised her voice at a noble.

"I..." Katarina started.

"My Lady, I'm so--"

"I didn't know you cared about me so much," Katarina answered, a bittersweet smile spread across her face.

Ms. Ann lowered her hand and stared at her in surprise, then her eyes softened.

"Of course I care abou you My Lady. In fact, we all do. Every single person in the household,"