𝔇𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔥 ℑ𝔰 𝔏𝔦𝔨𝔢 𝔗𝔥𝔞𝔱

I pull one of my legs out from under the down comforter and readjust the pillow under my head. The sun sets through my taped up window. I grab the water on my bedside table and take another Advil just in case my head decides to pound again. On the whole, though, my head is not my problem. Oy overwhelming sense of embarrassment is.

Yoomi pops her head inside my bedroom door. "Sehun and his mother dropped by. I told them you were resting." I never asked her if she yelled at Mrs. Oh about those pastries, but I'm not sure I want to know.

"Oh, okay." I attempt a smile. "You know, Mrs. Oh is actually a nice person. You might like her."

Yoomi wrinkles her nose. "I'm going out to pick up some food. What would you like?"

"Kimchi stew."

She nods. "I'll be back soon."

I close my eyes as she leaves. Between this and that weird locked door in Manyeo Library, it's like I went out of my way to make Soojung look powerful. I'm sure the rumors are flying by now.

A smooth, cold hand covers my mouth and pushes down on my lips. My eyes snap open. The guy with the dark hair sits on my bed, his black waves falling onto his eyebrows as he leans over me. His fingers increase their pressure as I struggle. I scream, but only muffled moan escapes his fingers.

"Stop," he says flatly, as though nothing out of the ordinary is happening.

I pull at his hand, but he's too strong. He looks at me with such intensity that goose bumps sprint along my skin.

"I am not going to hurt you."

That's what every psycho says right before he eats you! I swipe at him with my right hand, but he catches it midair. I reach toward his face with my left hand. He blocks with his elbow. I'm trapped!

"I said I am not going to hurt you." He has a slight accent, and the formality of it seems out of place. "I will release your mouth if you do not scream. But if you continue to fight, I will continue to hold you down."

I lock eyes with him and stop pushing. Anything is better than being held down. I nod. Please let Yoomi still be here. She would definitely kick the crap out of this guy for me. She once tripped a businessman crossing the street just for looking at me inappropriately. The dark-haired guy assesses me for a few seconds and then pulls his hand off my mouth.

I push myself up and back so fast that I slam into my headboard. Even so, there is only one foot of space between us. I absolutely do regret saying those things to Soojung. I had no idea she would go as far as to send this guy to my house. I consider screaming, but from this close distance, he could do some real damage before anyone would hear. I look at my door.

"It is locked," he says.

I turn to the window. The sun hangs low in the sky, and there isn't much light left.

He follows my gaze. "She is gone."

My heart sinks. I didn't hear her engine start.

He examines the bandage on my forehead. "You are injured."

"Yes." The word sticks in my mouth.

He frowns.

"What do you want?" My voice has become a whisper, which only makes me angry. I should be punching him and fighting instead of whispering questions at him.

"I want you to know that I regret what happened today."

Wait, what? I search his face for some hidden meaning and find none.

"But you had no right to open those letters." There's a calmness about him that's unnerving.

I can't be hearing this correctly. "The letters in my armoire?"