𝔖𝔦𝔟𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔞𝔫 ℭ𝔥𝔯𝔶𝔰𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔪𝔲𝔪

I take the last couple of stairs slowly, one foot at a time. With each movement, my bandaged body protests. The smell of French toast and eggs motivates me to attempt a faster pace. Pans clink and clatter.

I step through the arched doorway of the kitchen, and Sehun and his mother turn, with matching Oh smiles on their faces.

Sehun puts down a plate of bread and approaches me. "Suzy, you're not supposed to get out of bed."

"And how do you propose I pee, then?" I ask, breathing in the scent of freshly brewed coffee.

Sehun smirks. "I could carry you."

"Yeah, fat chance that's gonna happen."

Mrs. Oh comes to inspect me. "I'll run you a hot bath after breakfast and make another poultice. We'll get you feeling top-shape in no time."

I smile at the fitting expression. "Thanks, Mrs. Oh."

"Why don't we all head into the dining room," Mrs. Oh proposes as she scoop fresh whipped cream into a bowl.

"Need help, Suzy?" Sehun asks.

"If you keep treating me like I'm helpless, I will bop you," I reply with a smile that hurts my face.

"Now that you can do spells, I guess I better be careful."

Mrs. Oh grins at us. I follow them down the hall to the dining room and stop dead in my tracks. I've never seen so much food, and it is a thing of beauty.

"There are four placemats," I say to Mrs. Oh as she puts down her bowls of strawberries and whipped cream.

"Yes, dear. Your father will be joining us." She winks.

I grab a nearby chair for support. "He's coming here already?" They wouldn't even let me speak to Appa these past couple of days. They kept saying they didn't understand how he could recover so quickly, and they wanted to run more tests. I guess broken spells don't act the same way real illnesses do.

"He cannot wait to see you." Her smile is kind. Sehun beams.

Tears form droplets on my eyelashes, and I put my hand over my mouth. I turn around and head for the back door.

"You okay, Suzy?" Sehun runs after me.

"Yeah! I just need to get something."

I run through the grass, stray leaves crunching under my feet. I forget my aches as I enter my house and head for the kitchen. I open the cabinet and push the front cups aside. I pull down the #1 DAD mug. He won't have his coffee without it.

I swing the back door open again, anticipation fueling my steps, and stop. A single freshly cut Siberian Chrysanthemum rest on the doormat. I search the porch, but no one's there. I smile. Joohyuk.

𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔢𝔫𝔡

I hope you all enjoyed 'The Witches.' There will be a sequel for this book called 'The Passengers,' so I hope you all be be excited for that.

That's all for now, but I am planning a new story and wonder who the male main lead will be. We've already done quite a few books with Suzy and Joohyuk. Should the next male lead be Jungkook, Taehyung, Sehun, or any other males? Let me know in the comments!