𝟎𝟏𝟑 | "𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠"

𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬

𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐒𝐎𝐍
𝐌𝐈𝐀𝐌𝐈, 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀

𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐌𝐈𝐀𝐌𝐈, 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 | 𝟒:𝟐𝟏 𝐩𝐦

"NO JASEH," Aurora semi-yelled at her son who was trying to get some of the macaroni out of the silver pan that was covered in aluminum foil, him being unsuccessful with it because of how short he was.

It was currently Thanksgiving day and all Aurora had been doing since she woke up was cook, something that she hated doing because although she knew how to and was good at it, it was extremely time consuming.

Not only that but she hated the aftermath of the kitchen afterwards.

She knew that today she had to do it though because her sister as well as Amani, his friends, and his sister were coming over to eat. His dad was supposed to be there as well but he couldn't make it which upset Aurora since she wanted to meet the man who raised Amani.

"Mommy please," Jaseh pleaded out, clasping his tiny hands together and poking his bottom lip as he looked up at his mother who was busy finishing up the collard greens that way they had a vegetable to eat.

Attempting to keep her attention on the large pot of food in front of her, knowing that if she looked at her begging child even for a split second she would automatically fold, Aurora realized that she couldn't and decided to give him the food so that he would leave her alone.

"Fine bug," Aurora said, letting out a huff of breath as she placed the handle of the large wooden spoon in her hand against the rim of the blue pot while Jaseh stood there and did his a dance in his spot.

She walked over to the pan and grabbed one of the clear plastic spoons that were in the open box in front of it and grabbed a spoon out. She then lifted up the foil and scooped up as much as she could on the utensil before giving it to Jaseh.

"Thank you," Jaseh happily said showing off his snaggle tooth smile as he grabbed the spoon out of his mom's hand, quickly putting the food in his mouth as soon as he had it.

After he finished placing the dish in his mouth, giving his mom the spoon back for her to throw away since he didn't need it anymore, he got happy and ran off to the living room, letting Aurora know that he wasn't going to start bothering her again anytime soon.

"Back to this damn food," Aurora said, wiping her sweaty forehead with the back of her hand since it was extremely hot in the kitchen because every eye on the stove was on.

She had opened the patio doors to let some cool air come in and hot air go out but that didn't seem to work so she just accepted the fact that she was going to be sweaty while she was cooking.