5

Lucifer didn't know a human could give him such an interesting feeling. If he was a mortal man, he would have admitted the puppy eyes Arella was giving to him were adorable. He tried not to think of it that way, because, well, the king of Hell couldn't have such feelings.

"I am very disappointed in you, Arella" he started standing right next to her "I've been too soft on you because I wanted you to adapt, but it seems like it won't work with you"

"W-what do you mean?"

"Come here"

Her eyes widened in surprise at that. Hadn't he told her he was never going to hurt her? Was he going to kill her for what she did? Because she thought she had already had enough punishment from Cleon... or that she remembered was his name.

"Wait, please. I'm so sorry, I promise I won't do it again, please!"

"Don't make me repeat myself. You are the one who decided to run away, weren't you?"

Arella was panicking but didn't want to show it, even though her body was too tense for him not to notice. Deciding not to take things further (because she knew by looking at him that she wouldn't get away with it), she slowly approached him and stood up, looking at the floor. Surprisingly to her, Lucifer's eyes were red now, and it surely was scary.

The way his arms were crossed on his chest and the threatening look on his face made her feel so small, as if Ari was nothing but a helpless child. Well, technically she was. She tightly closed her eyes in fear of anything that could happen to her when Lucifer got closer.

"Go stand in the corner"

Arella frowned and looked at him in surprise.

"Sorry?"

"You heard me, Arella. Go stand in the corner. Now"

And even though it couldn't be compared to being burnt alive or any kind of punishment the king of Hell would give, it still wasn't fair. How could he be so mean? Couldn't he understand her for a moment? First he kidnaps her and tells her to adapt to Hell while being looked at by lots of demons who treat her like a baby. The least she could do was try to escape.

For the first time since she got there, she didn't feel scared, but angry.

"But- no fair!"

Since when do I trust Lucifer to speak to him like that?

"Arella. I'm sure you don't want a spanking on your first day here. You're so close to getting one already"

Huffing, she did as told. Not even when she was a real kid, back in Earth, was she put on the corner. She never really misbehaved, and her parents rarely punished her. (Note: I'm not sure the correct word is 'punish' here, but I hope you get what I meant 🙃)

The minutes passed and passed, and her legs were really getting tired from standing. She kind of started squirming in her place, not wanting to bother him (who was entering and exiting the room, organizing some sheets and stuff). But at some point Arella couldn't stand it and tried to move her legs a little more.

Truth be told, she was a little disappointed in herself, too. The way Lucifer talked to her as if he was mad at her made Ari feel guilty somehow.

"Ari, come here, baby"

She hesitantly did, still not looking at his eyes and finding the floor interested instead.

"Can you tell me what you did wrong?"

"I..."

"Yes?"

"I tried to... escape. Was scared"

Lucifer sighed and picked the girl up, rubbing her back and hair.

"I know you're scared. I don't like it, but do you know how scared I was?" He said. Truth be told, he wasn't. He knew nothing would happen to her, because he had made sure to let every demon know about her arrival as to not lay a single claw on her... or that he thought. "I looked everywhere, what if a demon wanted to eat you?"

"Really?" Arella gasped

"Totally, so no leaving like that again"

"But were you scared?"

"Of course I was. What, can't the king of Hell be scared?"

Lucifer playfully spoke, and started tickling her sides. Her melodic giggles and the way her nose scrunched up were something completely new to him, and right then, he decided we was never going to let anyone or anything hurt Ari.

They both kept playing for a while until she find it rather hard to breath, and decided to calm down a little.

"But... Luci?"

"Yes?"

"Cleon wanted to torture me. He took me but then the kitty-like demon helped me"

Lucifer wasn't sure if he wanted to choke Cleon or chuckle at her description of Gareth.

"I see. I'll have to punish Cleon as well, don't you think?"

"Uh-huh! He's a meanie"

Arella buried her face further into his chest and tightened her hold around his neck. She wasn't sure why Lucifer was so comfortable right then, probably because she had almost been tortured by a handsome demon. Was it wrong of her to be clingy with Lucifer, the 'man' who was protecting her so far in that unknown place?

"I'm sorry"

"It's okay, princess. I'm not mad, you've already taken your punishment. You're such a brave girl, aren't you?"

They stayed like that for some minutes until she felt him getting out of the room. The dim lights made her feel comfortable for some reason, and even though she thought he was going to the kitchen, Lucifer went into a different room. This one had a big desk with well organized objects, polished furniture and a luxurious chandelier hanging on the ceiling.

Lucifer sat with her on his arms and sighed. It had only been a day or so and she was now messing with Lucifer's mental health.

"You took a liking to naps, didn't you?"

"No wonder" Gareth replied instead, "teleportation can be exhausting, even for me sometimes. Let the human be"

Arella looked at him with curious eyes, and found rather interesting how soft his fur was. It was too new and weird for her to suddenly look at what seemed like a normal man, but with a cat's head. However, she didn't find it frightening or anything. Just like the 'chef' she had seen before when they ate, but Gareth was different. The demon truly knew how to style his clothes, and that was a strange fact. Could demons have different styles?

Gareth was currently wearing a luxurious suit, all black except for his shirt. This one wasn't completely white (and she had a feeling there wasn't much of that color in that place) but a soft cream that matched perfectly with the rest of his outfit. His shoes, also black, were shining as if they had just been polished. Even his fur looked as clean and nice.

It's not that Lucifer wasn't like that, in fact, there was something in him that could make anyone submit to him. It was obvious that he was the king there, maybe thanks to his dark aura. But since Ari had been with him for longer than with Gareth, she was surprised at him.

The other caught her staring at him, not in a rude way, but in an amused one.

"Am I to your liking?"

Ari blushed and quickly looked away.

Hi :)

Are you liking the story so far? I hope you do ^^;;

Also, feel free to leave any suggestions. I'd like to write them if I can, too :p

Have a good day