11

"Today is a bit colder than usual... that's weird"

"My Lord..."

"Oh, right. There was something you wanted to talk to me about. Right, Michael?"

Said man looked away and made a pause, trying to find the right words. His Lord was a noble creature, but he still respected him and the situation was a little different from anything they had seen before, so he wanted to be careful.

"Well, yes-"

"Why don't you take a seat? I'm sure we have all the time to talk about it" he chuckled.

The truth is, Michael wasn't so sure about that. And he hated the fact that he didn't understand what was going on, since it was his responsibility to solve any anomalies possible. He was a good looking angel, and even though the legend said Lucifer was once the most handsome angel in Heaven, his silk blonde hair and blue eyes were something else. Anyone could fall in love with instantly, and never get tired of seeing him.

However, this time he seemed a little nervous.

"I believe we have a problem, my Lord. The thing is-"

"Another problem? Is it that important-"

"I am afraid it is about Lucifer"

The Lord's face immediately got stern, directing his attention to Michael as soon as he mentioned that name. Oh, how long had it been since he last heard that name. But he remembered it very well. In fact, everyone did.

"What about him, Michael?"

"Well, I am not completely sure he has something to do with it, but I do not think there is any other possibility" he sighed. "There is a human missing, and... I am not too sure she should be dead either. The truth is she is not here or anywhere to be found"

The other thought about his words for a few seconds, trying to understand what he had just told him. It was impossible. Michael remained calm, also hoping the Lord hadn't got too upset at his words because he had just seen him like that a couple times long time ago. Not even when someone commits a mistake did the Lord get mad, but his face showed something different right then.

"What's her name?"

"Arella Hart"

The Lord shook his head a little and waved his hand at him.

"There must be a mistake, check again. How could that... demon take a girl that clearly belongs here to that place? It doesn't make sense"

"I know, my Lord. But there is no other way. I have already checked multiple times just to be sure, but she simply disappeared"

Michael looked away again, maybe a little embarrassed at himself even if it wasn't his fault. He just felt it was his responsibility to solve it, but he couldn't get too far without his Lord's orders.

"Alright... You think you can go to Hell?"

...

"Ari" Lucifer groaned. "Come on, you have to eat. Why are you being this difficult today?"

"I'm full" she simply answered, looking away from him. That only made him sigh in defeat. He could torture and command demons and stuff, but he couldn't make a human eat some food.

"You wanted a baby, you have a baby" Gareth said sipping on some tea. He was right, and Lucifer knew it.

However, how was he supposed to know a baby would be that... stressful? He hadn't really think of it before, so it kind of made sense now. He thought it was easier to deal with souls and demons than situations like those, because it wasn't difficult to get rid of an annoying creature, but he would never hurt her. Anyway, Arella didn't mean to behave like that, she was full and he couldn't understand it.

"I understand that you're full, Ari. But you still need to eat a few more bites"

"But I'm really really full"

Lucifer sighed in defeat. He couldn't force her to eat, so he simply put the fork on the table. Gareth shook his head, and the Lord sent him a glare. What was he doing there in the first place? Come to think of it, Gareth and Cleon were always with him.

The Lord looked at his watch. It was late for her, so maybe he could put her to sleep after playing for a while. Lucifer still needed to finish some paperwork (yes, apparently even the devil himself had paperwork to work on).

Gareth, on the other hand, was immersed in their interaction. Humans surely were interesting creatures: a girl could behave all grown up and such, but as soon as she was in Hell, she could make the Devil fall for her.

They noticed her starting to sleepily rub her eyes in Lucifer's lap, so he stood up and made his way to the room before announcing he was going to put Ari to sleep.

"No wonder you're so tired. You've played a lot today, haven't you?"

"Sleep with me?"

"Uh, not this time, princess. I need to go check on some demons real quick, but I promise I'll be here sooner than you think. Alright?" He explained as if he was talking to a child. She nodded and he mentally thanked the fact that she didn't make a fuss for it. Probably because of how sleepy Ari was.

It wasn't a lie, though. Lucifer had spent too much time with her, something he didn't regret but still made him miss some work.
Sighing, he watched as her eyes closed and slowly left the bed, getting up and closing the door behind him.

The truth is, not only did he have work to do, but he had a strange feeling he just couldn't ignore.