9

"So I suppose you gave her that little thing she was clinging to?" Gareth asked as soon as they were alone.

"Shut up"

"Is Cleon Damaris being sweet?! I wonder if you are actually a good hearted person"

"Gareth, I'm going to kill you" Cleon sternly said. The other smirked as he was starting to feel a pressure around his neck as Cleon tightened his fist from his seat. "I only did that because I know Lucifer. Last time he got mad at me, he sent me a whole year to the room of the souls in sorrow. I can still hear their annoying screams"

"Alright, I was teasing you" He admitted, feeling a relief around his neck. "Cleon?"

"What?"

"Do you think you could get me a pony plushie next time?"

"Oh fuck you, Gareth!" He moved his fist in the air and Gareth felt as if someone had punched him in the stomach, he bended but chuckled nonetheless.

Lucifer entered the dining room and, even though his eyes were silver, he still looked intimidating when he glared at them.

"Didn't I say not to kill yourselves? If you're going to, you can go outside"

"Sure, sure" Gareth said.

They all sat down around the large table, where Lucifer had placed a bottle of whiskey. It was something they did too often, as they enjoyed feeling that burning feeling when drinking it. Cleon noticed Lucifer was kind of different right then, in fact, no one could had noticed but him or Gareth. Being next to someone for nothing but hundreds of years made you aware of certain things.

"What happened?"

"I called myself Daddy" he simply admitted, pouring more whiskey on his vase. Demons couldn't get drunk.

"And I guess that's not... right?"

"I don't know, I hope she doesn't feel overwhelmed by it, but she didn't seem to notice. By the way Cleon, don't think I forgot about what you did to her"

"I gave her the hedgehog, how was I supposed to know?" Cleon huffed.

...

"Ari? Are you okay?" Kai said. Even in her dreams, he was as protective as ever, and she loved that. He had always been like a brother to her.

"I am. I had a weird nightmare, Kai"

"But why are you here?"

"What do you mean?" She confusedly asked.

"Go away Ari, can't you see how good things were when you weren't here?"

"I don't get it, I came back for you and my father. Stop joking!"

"We don't need you, Arella! Everything's going well since you left. Your father has a better life, and I can finally have some peace from you"

Ari looked hurt, of course. Kai had never rised his voice like that before, and his eyes were now red for some reason.

"You look so comfortable around them, treating you as if you were a baby. Stay there and leave us alone, you don't even have a place to come back to"

"No! Kai, wait!" She panicked, but she couldn't reach the man that was running from her. Oh, how she hated trying to run in her dreams, she was barely moving.

But it felt so real, and Ari hated it. She was conscious that it was a dream even if she was asleep, but those words made her think a lot. Were they really at peace now that she left? Dead or not, she wasn't there. Truth be told, she started wondering why she was so bad at making new friends in Earth, and why she had never had a boyfriend. Everyone thought Ari was a nuisance.

But Lucifer was nice. Who could say the king of Hell would care about someone that much? Even the other demons, Cleon and Gareth, and Beleth, too, were nice to her. Maybe staying in Hell wasn't a bad idea after all, at least someone had finally chosen her... right?

"No. This isn't real" She said, trying so hard to wake up. She hated that part when having a nightmare, but it always seemed to work.

...

Arella abruptly woke up with heavy breaths, her head was pounding, and she tried her best to calm down. The girl unconsciously grabbed the stuffed animal next to her and hugged it tight, helping her control her breathing. That was a weird dream.

One of the things she wished was that Hell had some sunlight. It was too hard for her to get used to that schedule, since she never knew what time it was... thankfully, Lucifer was the one who took care of it, so she was slowly understanding how time worked there.

She didn't know why but she started crying. Ari knew it was all just a dream and Kai's words were nothing but her mind trying to make her feel sad, but she still believed that. It was true! All she did to Kai was complain about her own problems and pay for her father's debts, but she had never really been there for him either. And even if she got back, where would she stay? Her job was awful and, as Earl had said to her: she barely earned any money working as a waitress until late in the night. She even had to deal with annoying clients and men who disrespected her.

She didn't realize how much of a mess her life was until now.

Arella felt a pair of muscular arms pick her up, and she didn't even bother to try to stop crying or look at who it was. She simply laid her had on Lucifer's shoulder with her arms around his neck and sobbed. He didn't say anything, simply moving in circles around the room and bouncing her from time to time.

Lucifer wasn't an expert, but he had seen other humans before so it was easy to copy their actions in such situations. After a while, she had finally calmed down but still managed to kept crying silently.

"Baby? What happened? You're going to make yourself sick with all that crying. Tell me what's wrong"

"Was I a nuisance for everyone?" she wondered. "I only caused trouble, I bet they're happy without me"

"Ari, listen to me. You are nothing but the best little girl I've ever met, why are you saying such things?"

"I-I don't know"

He sat with her at the edge of the bed, positioning her so that she wasn't hiding her face. He softly lifted her head to meet his eyes.

"I brought you here for a reason, Arella. You weren't being a nuisance for anyone, if anything, you were being a nice person. Kai liked you, and you saved your father multiple times. Do not think like that, alright?"

She almost believed him, feeling a little unsure. There was something about Lucifer that made her feel comfortable, and Ari thought there was no way he could lie to her about something like that. She nodded at him.

"Use your words, princess"

"Okay" Ari looked away, the same feeling of being small kicking in again. "Thank you, Daddy"