14

"I want to go with daddy" Ari whined for the fifth time.

Cleon had put her on the bed a few minutes ago and assured her everything was okay, but she was still convinced something wrong was happening. She knew that, because her daddy had a different look from what he usually had with her, even if she hadn't been with him for so long.

"I've already told you, human. They're talking grown-up stuff, that's why you can't go with them. You don't want to see what the Lord is capable of doing" he said, muttering the last part to himself.

"But why?" She asked, "I like Michael!"

If it had been possible, Cleon would had gasped at that sentence. He thanked the fact that Lucifer, Michael and Gareth weren't there to hear what she had just said.

"Do not say that in front of Lucifer"

"Huh?"

"I'm serious. The last thing he would want was you actually liking him"

Arella didn't say anything at that, but found it too weird. Why would Lucifer despise Michael so much? And, of course, who even was Michael? She had a lot of other questions, too, and the fact that she knew no one would answer to them made her frown. She felt impotent.

And of course something was off. Even in her mental state, deep inside she knew there was a problem and that it involved Michael being in Hell.

"Stay here and do not move from bed. Clear?" he said trying to sound intimidating. He earned a nod from her. "Use your words, human. Do not move from here"

"Fine, I won't"

Cleon looked at her for a few moments until he decided he believed what she had said. But Arella didn't fear him too much. Because yes, he was too intimidating for her own good and could easily get rid of her if he wanted to, and if he could. That's the key word, as Ari knew Lucifer wouldn't allow him to lay a hand on her. Still, she didn't want to trust that possibility too much. On the other hand, she realized she didn't exactly feel too little whenever her daddy wasn't around (which happened only a few times), or even Michael, and it was weird.

The demon left, and Ari followed him a minute after it. She slowly walked to the noise where apparently Lucifer and Michael were talking (or more like yelling) and poked his head out from behind a wall. Her eyes widened as soon as she saw the scene: Lucifer and Michael about to kill each other. She saw the look on her daddy's face and hated to admit she felt scared of him again. Ari had already been through that and Lucifer had assured her he would never dare to hurt her, but this time she didn't like the way he was glaring at the other man. Ari thankful Beleth was there to begin with.

Lucifer dismissed everyone around him, and Arella felt her heart skip a beat when he turned his head to where she was, even if his eyes weren't as scary as she imagined.

"Come here, Ari"

She shyly did as told (as Cleon sent her a glare), begging to him not to told her off for the mess she have caused. Ari only wanted to explore the place, and to her mind it wasn't her fault, since she didn't know it very well.

"I'm not mad, sweetie. I'm concerned. Did that as- man hurt you?" He asked, starting to examine her face but only earning a soft giggle from Ari.

"No, daddy. He didn't, he's nice!"

As soon as she said those words, Ari realized the only thing Cleon had told her not to do. And if he didn't know her and he could, she'd had faced terrible consequences for disobeying his clear orders. Her smile faded and she looked as his eyes turned stern, but not to her. It was as if he was rethinking her words.

"I mean..."

Michael chuckled at Ari's innocent attitude, leaving behind his distress over the fight he had just had with Lucifer. No wonder why that demon wanted to bring her here, he thought.

"Don't kill the little human for that. What can I say, Lucifer? Humans love me"

"Shut the f-"

"Daddy" Ari pleaded. The devil looked at her and his eyes softened, followed by a sigh.

"Leave. Now"

"Of course," Michael said, winking before turning around "see you later, sweetheart"

With that, he finally left leaving Lucifer fuming. Who did he think he was to call his baby sweetheart? The only reason the devil didn't kill that angel right there, was because Ari was on his arms, and... because she'd get scared if he tried to.

...

Right now, Ari's eyes were watering at seeing her daddy so stressed, and probably mad at her. They were currently in their room, and it wasn't until Lucifer looked at his baby that he realized she was getting scared, and he hated that.

"Hey, are you okay?" He said picking her up, letting Ari hide her head on his neck.

"I'm sorry daddy"

"Why are you sorry sweetie?"

"B-because C-cleon told m-me not to s-say that ab-out him"

He could barely understand her through her hiccups, but his heart was melting at her innocence and for how distressed Arella was feeling. How could he had been so selfish and focus only on his feelings?

"Shh, don't cry baby. Daddy's not mad at you, I promise. Did daddy scare you?" She nodded, "I'm so sorry, but I could never get mad at my princess, could I?"

"B-but you were angry"

Every word she said felt like a stab to his non-existing heart, and he couldn't do much about it. He forgot for a second that he couldn't overreact now that he had Ari, because she was just a human, and his little baby.

"Mhm, daddy was. But not at you. There are things you don't know, like why daddy doesn't like that... angel. I just don't want you around him, okay?" He said, making her cry even more. Why couldn't she befriend that man? He had helped her and was nice to her, it was so unfair.

"It's not unfair baby, you'll understand someday. Don't cry, shh. Oh! I know what will make you feel better. What about ice cream and cuddles?"

Hiii

I'm sorry for disappearing again. I promise I try hard to update but I just don't have timee :(( I hope you liked this chapter, I'd love to read what you think <3

Have a nice day!