10

"How did you call me?" Lucifer asked blinking a couple times. He was sure she hadn't heard him when he called himself that.

"Sorry, sorry. I don't know why I did it, I just thought you had said that... Please don't be mad-"

"I love it, princess. I'd be happy if you called me that more often. Seriously" he chuckled.

She nodded sighing in relief. Ari was sure she had heard him call himself that before and she didn't mind. If anything, it made her feel smaller, so it was okay.

They cuddled in silence for some minutes, Lucifer stroking the girl's hair as he knew it was something that she loved.

"Look at those puffy eyes. Maybe some ice cream after dinner will make you feel better?" He asked with a smirk, Ari's eyes sparkling with excitement. "You've been such a good girl today, I'm proud of you. My good little girl"

Ari hid her face into his neck out of embarrassment. No one had ever told her such words, and it surely felt nice that someone felt proud over such simple thing... and well, calling her 'his little girl'

"We still have time before lunch, and I think it's time for you to take a bath"

Lucifer started walking to a small room next to them (which surprisingly she hadn't noticed before) and assumed it was the bathroom. Ari knew better than to panic but still felt anxious at the idea. Was he going to bath her himself?

He must had seen her reaction and how she was squirming without even realizing, so he let the water fill the bathtub while going back to the room to pick some clothes.

"What is it, baby?"

"Nothing" she shook her head.

"Come on, I promise it'll be quick. Remember we still have ice cream and a movie to watch after it?"

Her eyes lit up at the mention of it and he slightly chuckled. His baby was the cutest creature in Hell and no one could doubt that; it was a fun sight, how the human could be that happy just by eating some dessert and watching a movie. He definitely needed a break from all the creatures in that horrible place.

After a few minutes though, the water was ready for her, Lucifer touching it to feel the temperature was good for her. So, he sat her on the toilet and tried to undress her. Key word: tried. Arella started crying for some reason she didn't even understand, but she was sure she didn't need a bath right then. Well, maybe she did, but it was overwhelming for her since Ari didn't know Lucifer was planning on doing it.

"Baby", he sighed, "what's wrong? You can't stay like that, you need a bath"

"I okay. I want Spikey"

"We can't bring him here, honey. He'll get wet, and he doesn't need a bath because he's already clean. Be a good girl and let me bathe you, please?"

He didn't know whether she had accepted or not, but she still needed to take a bath. He took her clothes off a little more effortlessly and threw the others in a bin next to them, quickly picking her up and placing her on the bathtub.

Lucifer wanted to be as fast as he could, since he didn't want her to cry anymore. He took what looked like a basket next to them, filled with different rubber toys. He put some on the water and felt relieved as soon as he saw her reaction, showing pure interest. The king took this as an opportunity and rolled up his sleeves to start washing her body.

"Why don't you play with your toys while Daddy finishes here, hm?"

The nickname itself was something that she secretly loved.

She hesitantly did, finding them truly interesting. Ari had never played with rubber ducks before, or with the tiny ships and whales there were. She took the duck and submerged it in the water, only to realize it could throw water out of its mouth if you squeezed it.

"Daddy, look!" Her eyes were puffy but they were still sparkling with excitement. Humans were weird.

"It can throw water?" He faked surprise.

"Yes!"

"That's amazing, honey. Can you close your eyes?"

He rinsed her hair and she kept playing for a while until he was done. Ari didn't know when, but he had picked her up and wrapped her in a fluffy towel. She whined because she was playing with her toys, but felt no more tears left.

"You're going to play with them tomorrow baby, don't worry"

"We go play now?"

"Yes, sweetie" he chuckled. "We'll go play in my office and then we'll go watch a movie. Does that sound good?"

"Uh-huh. Gareth play with us, too?"

"If you want to"

Ari simply let him carry her and take care of her, drying her hair and letting her choose some comfy clothes (by the way, she wondered where did he take those clothes from). She found the way he treated her truly relaxing, and he liked to take her of his little baby. And even if there were demons and scary things in Hell, maybe staying with Lucifer wouldn't be bad after all.

...

Hi!!

Sorry this chapter was a little shorter 😅 

Have a nice day :)