15

Basically, that's how the King of Hell ended up being sat cross legged on the floor, in front of a small table (that Lucifer had brought for his baby a couple days ago) with Arella next to him. Of course, he wouldn't let anyone see him like that, so he decided it'd be best for them to be alone in his office.

The girl was too focused on her messy drawing, her tears dried long ago now. Next to her was a small empty bowl of ice cream that was the main reason she wasn't stressed anymore.

"Why aren't you coloring?" Ari innocently asked him. He sighed and started coloring again, just to make her feel better.

"My bad, daddy's hand is tired. You keep coloring, yeah? I'll just stop for a minute to go do some work stuff"

He felt so bad for disappointing her, because he even scared her before because of that stupid guy. He still left after knowing that he had no other choice, but Lucifer sent Gareth to distract her a little. It was odd that a demon who was there to torture other creatures was sent to babysit a toddler, but it's not as if he cared anyway.

On the other hand, Lucifer couldn't stop thinking about everything that had happened before. Michael being in Hell meant that something big was happening, since it was not common at all. Meeting him again after all those years gave him some terrible memories he didn't want to remember, so he wasn't able to focus too much on his little that was apparently having too much energy for some reason.

He knew that there was no way he could get away with kidnapping a human without angels realizing, but he never thought they were going to actually go an visit him face to face. Specially not Michael. But Lucifer wasn't scared about them taking the little girl from him, but about anything that could happen because of that. He was convinced he could win a battle now, but that didn't mean it was a good thing to happen for anyone.

The worst part is, he couldn't do anything about it. Michael or basically any angel his range (and there weren't too many) could easily go in and out of Hell without any problem, as low-range angels could instantly burn if they dared to do so. However, fallen angels couldn't go to Heaven so easily, and it was almost an impossible and risky task. He decided he was gonna fight for Arella no matter what. Not even Michael or his Lord would take her to such place he hated so much even after years.

So now he was there in the living room completely anxious for the first time in years because he didn't know what to do. He needed an answer or a way for Heaven not to annoy him all day.

Beleth entered the room kind of imagining that his boss was there (a benefit from knowing someone for thousands of years) and put a hand on his shoulder, which was immediately burnt at his sudden action. He didn't really notice the pain, and his hand was fully recovered in a matter of seconds. He did see Lucifer's status, and he just looked away not saying anything. Yes, that was his way of saying sorry.

"Sir, you know there isn't much we can do about this, don't you?"

"Yes, Beleth. Of course I know. I don't need you to come here telling me the obvious" Lucifer admitted. "I never thought I would be so mad at seeing that asshole again. He even dared to pick MY girl up"

"Yes, my Lord. I believe there could be a way for us to solve this... although it's kind of hard"

Lucifer turned to him with a "don't joke" look, but his assistant was completely serious about it. There was a way for him to keep the little girl in Hell, so he waited for Beleth to speak.

"I hope this doesn't sound too crazy, but Arella belongs in Heaven because she's been good and has done nothing but nice actions towards other people her whole life-"

"Straight to the point, Beleth"

"Yes, my Lord. My point is, if we could find a way to make Heaven believe she actually belongs in here, then that would be enough for that angel and his God to let us be"

Lucifer silently thought for some seconds, because his idea was really crazy in fact but apparently it was the only thing they could do then. He was unsure, because it's obvious that his little girl was the purest thing in the entire Hell that could ever exist. There wasn't a way there was anything bad she could have done on her previous life on Earth.

"I know it's hard, I'm pretty sure miss Arella is a good soul. But we just have to make them believe otherwise. Anything that could make them change their minds somehow-"

"And how exactly are you planning to do that, Beleth?" Cleon asked, entering the room now. "You think it's that easy to fool God? and, damn, even Michael. What are you gonna say or do to convince them that Arella is a bad person? Tell them that she killed a fly?"

Cleon had a point too, but Lucifer didn't care. He was going to do that if it was necessary for her.

...

Arella was silently lying in a couch on Lucifer's office while Gareth was next to her reading a book from the human world he found quite interesting, a hobby of his that he really enjoyed. In fact, there were many things about the humans that caught Gareth's attention.

On the other hand, Arella wasn't feeling too little at the moment. That was something she still couldn't get used to; the way she could feel like a baby but then immediately feel a little older. Lucifer had explained to her that it was common, and that it was the way her body had to try to adjust to time in Hell. Either way it was stressing.

She stayed there in silence for a while, but she couldn't resist the urge to ask Gareth or anyone about the current situation. All she knew was that something odd was going on and that it obviously involved Michael and Lucifer.

"What are you thinking about?" Gareth said, as if he could read her mind too (but in fact he was just a good observer).

"Huh? I... it's nothing..." Gareth shook his head lightly and kept reading. "Well, actually uhm, I..."

"Yes? Go ahead, Ari"

"Could you tell me what happened and why is everyone... tense?"

Gareth left his book on the nighstand next to him and sighed. He kind of knew that was going to happen, and that the girl would obviously have questions sooner or later. Truth be told, talking about that story brought him stressful memories he preferred to forget, but it couldn't be helped.

He looked at the girl in her eyes knowing she was paying attention, and thought it was adorable.

"Hundreds of years ago, Lucifer was an angel" Arella gasped in disbelief. "Yes, and he had the title of being the most handsome one that could ever exist, as I guess you can tell by the way you look at him. But he was- is -also too ambitious. His thirst for power and control were too much for him, and he thought he could be a better God than God himself"

"Really? But he's not like that"

"Well, he's pretty different from before. But he's not any weaker" Gareth cleared his throat. "Anyway, I won't give you many details about it. Michael was sent to fight him and all of the other fallen angels, like me, who wanted to fight by his side. As you can tell... it didn't work well for us, and now we're here"

Arella looked at him for a while trying to process the story. It really sounded fictitious, but how could he be lying? She really was in Hell and had already seen to many unbelievable things. On the other hand, she suddenly felt like seeing Lucifer. For some reason the story had messed up with her mental state again and made her wonder were her "daddy" was, realizing she hadn't seen him in a while.

Hii :)

I'm planning on releasing some new chapters of this story. But also, feel free to give suggestions for other stories as well ❤️

Hope you like it :p