6

Gareth suppressed a chuckle. He found the human quite interesting and adorable. Even if he was used to seeing humans when traveling to Earth, time worked different there, and weren't as cute.

"Are you ready for dinner, now? You've barely eaten anything" Lucifer asked

"Of course she is, I'll tell Amos to prepare something for her"

Ari looked at him again, this time in wonder of what could Lucifer do. As far as she knew, no one would dare to speak like that in front of him. Even Beleth seemed to respect him a lot.

"Let's say... we've been very close for a long time, from when I was in heaven"

"Uhm, how did you..."

"And with Cleon, too. But that doesn't mean I'm going easy on him. I'm still going to beat him. Thankfully we're inmortal" Lucifer continued, whispering the last part to himself.

There was a knock on the wooden door, which made the three of them snap out of their conversation.

"Yes"

"My Lord, I have prepared... dinner for miss Arella"

"Alright. We will be there in a minute"

Arella noticed how his voice and posture changed when talking to him, but didn't really pay attention to it. What interested her the most was how 'Amos' seemed unfamiliar with the word 'dinner'. It was funny to think a demon would need to eat.

As soon as they stood up (her, still on his arms), Lucifer felt a tug on his shirt which caught his attention.

"What is it, baby?"

"Uh, its just... Y-you didn't say 'thank you'"

Gareth and Lucifer looked at each other for a second, before letting out a chuckle.

"I don't have to say thank you to them. You'll understand it later, you don't need to do so either"

Arella frowned at that, being polite was super important to her. At least, that was what she had learned from her mother long time ago, and Ari hated when people were rude or impolite on the street. But still, she kind of understood what he meant. Why would he need to say anything to other demons?

The girl still took a mental note to be as nice as she could to demons. There wasn't any need for making them angry, even if she was with Lucifer.

...

Lucifer was right when he had told Arella that the food in Hell tastes different. Maybe he didn't mean it and she was just imagining it. Either way, she found the dino nuggets delicious. Ari even ate the carrots Amos had put in the plate, because she knew they would have dessert. Plus, she liked carrots.

"Dessert?"

"Mmm no, not tonight"

"But I ate the carrots" she whined, mainly because she just wanted to complain about something. She was still kind of mad at him.

"You did? Good job princess. You should tell Gareth to eat his, too. He didn't eat them"

Said demon groaned, he was messing with him. Human food wasn't terrible for Gareth, but didn't want to eat it just because. It was weird. And he knew Lucifer thought the same about his plate, but still ate with Ari, maybe because he didn't want her to feel alone.

Arella still thought she could get away with it this time. If food tasted good, she really wanted to try dessert.

"No, you've done enough today. Maybe tomorrow if you don't try to escape again"

She huffed but didn't say anything. Fair enough.

"You're being too strict. Since it's her first night here, shouldn't you be welcoming her with some dessert?" Gareth stated, he could mess with him, too.

Ari looked at him with sparks in her eyes. He was right, and she had decided Gareth was a good demon. She liked him. Lucifer on the other hand, simply stared at him as if he had said something wrong.

"Please, please"

"Fine, just some. But you won't be having any tomorrow"

"Why?"

"I've already told you, you misbehaved today. Be thankful it's your first day, otherwise that'd had led to a spanking"

You still put me in the corner, she thought.

"I did put you in the corner, and took away dessert privileges. Anyway, let's not worry about it now, would you like some ice cream?"

Soon enough, Amos brought some ice cream for her. It looked a little different than what she was used to, but still looked good and she didn't even waste time to try it. As she had imagined, it was like tasting heaven, but it was weird. How come she was eating a delicious dinner? If anyone had told her she was going to Hell, she would have thought about horrible things, but this was completely different.

She let a hum at every bite she took, which both demons found amusing. After being used to dealing with terrible other demons and souls, this was something new to them. Arella wondered why they weren't evil creatures waiting to torture her with the worst of the punishments... instead, she was there getting spoiled.

"You've read too many stories" Lucifer said. "Humans even like to think I am all red and ugly, and that I torture people all day (I mean I do torture people, but I want a break from time to time). You shouldn't believe everything you hear"

Ari didn't say anything, find it strange that he seemed to be able to guess what she was thinking. Wait, could he read her mind?

"If I want to, I can. But don't worry too much, I'm only doing it this frequently since you're new here"

"My Lord" Beleth entered the room, "the bed is ready"

"Yes. We'll talk later, for now let's put you to bed. I'm sure you're tired, right princess?"

"Uh-uh. Not tirwed" good, I can't even pronounce properly. "Wanna stay here"

"Come on, maybe tomorrow you'll have a later sleep schedule. But you are already so sleepy, yeah?"

Ari didn't complain this time, she had been feeling too sleepy all day. Besides, the idea of being asleep and stop thinking of everything that was going on, was a relief for the girl. So, Lucifer did as he had said.

He softly told her to say 'bye' to Gareth (to which she waved her hand at) and stood up with her, sighing mentally because that had been a long day. Not even with the most hard-working souls and demons was he that stressed.

They reached the room, and indeed, the bed looked so neat and clean Ari suddenly felt the urge to sleep on it. Lucifer placed her in bed and told her to wait a minute, only to come back with what looked like a pajama.

"Arms up" he said, but she was unsure. She had never been naked in front of a man before. "Aw, you know I promised not to hurt you, don't you? I just want you to be comfortable so that we can go to sleep"

Well, it's not as if she had much choice so she did as told. However, he wasn't lying when he said it was going to be quick. She then changed her pants and was ready for bed, picking her up and laying her in the middle. But Ari didn't want him to leave... how could he even think of that? Because yes, he had promised that no one would hurt her, but Cleon seemed like an exception. She almost got tortured!

"You wouldn't get tortured" he chuckled. "What's wrong? Don't you want to sleep?"

"Stay. Please"

Ah, those puppy eyes again, he thought. He kind of had a lot of work to do, but the king of Hell could take some hours off. There was no way he was going to leave her alone when she was clearly terrified of simple demons.

He took his shoes off and got in bed with her, hugging her closer and putting her head on his chest. Lucifer started stroking her hair and making patterns on her bare arm, something no one had ever done to her before. It was nice, she was getting even sleepier and most of all, it felt safe.

I got too excited writing this story lol