July

"Oh my god, Jennifer..." I mumbled groggily. "Daddy's tired too. It's a hard knock life." I said. Gingka and I fought tonight. We were supposed to go get food, but I had to take Jenni to the doctor's. He was pissed, but he has to understand that Jenni is a baby. She needs attention. I put her down and went back to the living room. Brooklyn sat, glaring at the blank air. "You're a good man, Ryo. But you can yell at Gingka. He isn't used to this." She said harshly. "I told him not to scream. The first thing he does? Scream. I fought fire with fire." I shrugged. "Go apologize. He's still awake. I can hear the Fall Out Boy album playing." Shit! "If you can hear it, the baby ca-" Brooklyn gave me a death glare. I sighed and went to his room. I knocked gently. "S'open." Gingka said. "Hey..." I tried. Gingka was drawing. He was amazing at it. "Hello." He said. "You cant stay mad forev-" He sang over me. "She's singing "baby come home!" In a melody in of tears while the rhythm of the rain keeps time I REMEMBER!" He shouted that last bit. "Jenni!" I said. "Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer!" He screamed. "Is that all that's all that comes out of your deceiving mouth?!" He said. "Did you ever love me, do you know?! Or did you just never want to be alone?!" He sang. I rolled my eyes until I saw tears. "I want Mom back..." He whispers. I lost it. "She's dead! Deal with it! Nothing left to discuss! I've run out of fucks to give about your crackhead, deadbeat, DEAD mother!" I screamed. Oh fuck. I watched my little boy fall apart. "You shut your mouth!" He cried. Brooklyn ran to his aid. "Shhh...its okay...take a hike, Ryo." Brooklyn said, her eyes showing rage and betrayal.

I came back later and Gingka occupied my side of the bed, Brooklyn didn't want me there. You really Fucked up now, Ryo. I thought to myself. I laid on the couch. The next morning, Gingka didn't come out of his room. "Lets go get lunch today, okay? Or dinner?" I asked. He didn't respond. "Gingka?" I repeat. "Yeah. Dinner." He said blankly. I kissed his head, which he shrugged off. "Bye, Brook." I kissed her head. "We're talking about what you said about Bailey." She said.

Thats how a man knows he's Fucked.