Prologue

TWS: Slight gore (Not graphic), Watchers being Creepy Gods, Mind control, Trauma, Panic Attacks

Grian's eyes widened as he stared at his friend in horror. Sam was watching the blood drip off the knife. Possibly more terrifying than the crimson liquid was the curious smile on his face. Thoughts ran through Grian's mind, so mangled he could hardly make sense of them himself. If he had just kept pretending... If he had tried something- anything- What had happened to Sam- What had triggered him-

As his mind raced, he knew instinctively that he needed to run. His heart pounded as he sprinted through the roads, turning corner after corner, trying to lose the bunny, the world blurring around him until it felt like it was just Sam and him, him and Sam.

He heard Sam laugh behind him. "Where are you going, Gree-on? Trying to run?" The man still sounded scarily sane for what was going on, making Grian shiver.

He ran even harder, his heart racing, with no idea what he should do, or where to go. Grian felt tears forming in the corner of his eyes. He blinked to try to get rid of them, but it was his mistake. As he closed his eyes, he tripped over the curb, giving Sam a chance to catch up, and he did. Sam placed a firm hand on Grian's shoulder, pinning him to the concrete beneath him. He froze, as Sam rolled him over. Finally, his thoughts consolidated into one single thought, one fear. 'It's over...'

He pressed his eyes even tighter, waiting for the surge of pain, the tear of his flesh. But, as the seconds ticked by, as he awaited the plunge of the knife, nothing happened.

Then, a curious sensation came over him. A frigid cold grew from his toes and fingers to his chest and head, then a dull ache across his whole body that slowly grew, until it felt like his body was being ripped apart. He wanted to cry, to thrash in pain, to scream, to do anything, but he couldn't move, couldn't speak. Did he even have a body to move anymore?

Then, just as it came, the cold and pain went away. Panting, he slowly realised he no longer felt Sam pinning him, but was still lying on his back, yet now on something that felt like... Quartz? He wasn't sure... His head felt fuzzy, making it hard for him to think. He decided there was no use trying to figure out his surroundings with his eyes closed, and opened them to the unfamiliar surroundings.

He was in the center of some sort of courtyard, four marble pillars around the circular platform he was lying on, hedges lining the whole thing, and a large white and purple castle-like building around it. But even more shocking, was the sky... It resembled the night sky in a way, but instead of black with white stars, shades of purples and blues mixed into it. Where... was he?

A concerning thought hit him. Had... he died? He didn't feel dead... - Notch, he could barely think straight let alone try to figure out what had happened. He tried to sit up to get a better view , but his arms gave out as he tried to push himself up, suddenly realizing his exhaustion as the world seemed to lurch.

"Child, I wouldn't recommend doing that just yet... Sudden interdimensional travel without a anchor is quite tiring on mortals, particularly ones from untraditional servers without places such as the end, or the nether, as you did." The voice, elegant and refined, came from behind him. 

He nearly jumped out of his skin, turning his head towards where it came from. A tall humanoid figure walked into his line of sight, causing him to push himself back weakly, still in his fetal position on the floor. They had long white hair, which had been styled into a braid, and had an elaborate violet robe on. But that wasn't the strangest part of it. Their skin color was a pale violet, and they had a white mask over where their eyes should be and a bit of their lower cheeks, with a strange symbol on. It looked like two Ls, with two dots in the corner of the form. That wasn't all - they had large black wings, speckled with white dots, which were folded behind them, along with a purple halo, and their violet skin was dotted by almost glowing, violet eye shapes that blinked at him - If he hadn't been scared of his mind, he might have made some sort of joke about staying on brand, or staying on color scheme, but all he could choke out was - "A- Am I dead?"