Chapter 24 - Grian talks to the void, the void talks back.

TW: Okay seriously how many times do I have to write this - Mentions of death, mentions of torture, trauma, Void

Grian wasn't sure how long it took, but eventually the memories faded... Leaving nothing behind. He opened his eyes to the familiar dark abyss, with speckles of light floating eternities away.
He was floating in the void. How had this happened? Did the rebels get him back? The anxiety rose in his chest, threatening to pull him under... Last thing he remembered was the memories drowning him... Pearl and Taurtis were dead! Tears started to roll down his face again...

A indeterminate amount of time passed. Maybe hours, maybe seconds, until a voice whispered from the depths of the void.

"Ah, Xelqua, my brother... you've made a right mess of things."
"W- Who are you?" He gasped, his wings flailing aggressively from surprise.
He turned to where the voice had sounded, facing a unfamilar being. It was the size of a rumored new mob, an allay, and very similar to a vex in appearance, but it wielded no weapon, and instead of light grey or light blue skin, it was had pitch black skin that emitted a dull grey glow, the only thing allowing him to differentiate it from the void behind it. It had black horns, and it's iris was black, only visible due to white surrounding eye. It's pupils were a simply white scribble, and it had odd lines and circles in dark purple. It's wings seemed to be slightly incorporeal and mist-like, shades of violet dancing within.

"I am known as many things. The void, most people call me upon hearing my whispers, but that is incorrect. The void is simply where I dwell... How well do you know your history, Xelqua..?"

Grian wondered, what beings were associated with the void... Only watchers... and... Voidlings. "Are... you a voidling?" He tilted his head, expecting to be laughed at... after all, all the Voidlings died, and turned into Watchers, a weaker variation made to be able to interact with players without the risk of damaging them... They had end magic at it's most natural state, far stronger then even the strongest watcher's pure magic.

"Bingooo! The first ender dragon didn't want to fully kill off my race, so a few of us reside in the void, cursed to always watch, always wait alone... The stray watcher rarely stumbles in, it's the only conversation we get. It's been a eternity... Yet no time at all, since the last time I met one of your kin... Although, I believe you've met one of mine..." The whisper chuckled as Grian's eyes widened in surprise at the idea of him meeting a Voidling. "They ran away to that plane, Hels ages ago. I envy them. Even that cursed place must be better then this torment. Forgive me, I rambled about myself for too long, and I left your curiosity and fear roaring. Now, let me answer some of your questions, brother of mine. Your still in hermitcraft. Your emotions overwhelmed you, and you destroyed the server, dropping all your friends in the void."

"W- What-" He choked out, distracted from the mention of voidlings by the bombshell dropped on his head.
"I'm sorry. It's one of the curses of my race, we're quite blunt without intending to be. I wish I could sugar coat it, but I legitimately cannot."
"W- well- what can I do?" He whispered. "Is there anything I can do? Or am I forced to stay here forever?"

"Well... As much I would like the company, I hate seeing the conflict tearing up my siblings. And, the void, feared..." The voidling paused, before continuing. "rightfully so I suppose, is powerful. It exists as a crossing between time and space, everywhere at once yet also nowhere. It is at every part of time, every place, all the time, as my kin are as well. Everywhere at once, nowhere at all..." The voidling chuckled. Grian was starting to find their speech pattern familar, but couldn't quite place it."I have a deal to make- although it's not much of a deal, more of a offer. I can send you back, so you may save your friends. The easiest way to do this is to stop the unnecessary slaughter of our kin."
"W- Will I still go to Hermitcraft despite changing the timelines?"
"Yes, fate quite likes you heading there. Simply go to the admins, and speak of the story of your kind, of the rebels, get them to believe you, and all will be resolved. Once that happens, I'll shift into your proper position in the timeline... and you'll forget everything you did."

"And you'll remember to shift me, despite being in the past?" Grian asked quietly.
"Oh, I know all that will happen, and all that has happened, yet I know nothing at all..."
"This way of talking is starting to get get irritating."
"Ah, the author needs me to speak more to fill out the word count for this chapter."
"Huh-"
"It's nothing, worry not Xelqua. I'll let you think on my offer. It'll allow you free from the burdens..."

Grian swallowed. He didn't want to forget the pain he caused. He didn't deserve peace of mind, and most of all, he didn't want to make similar mistakes again... "Is there a way for me to remember after?"
"Hm... I can arrange something..."

He thought about it for a minute. He was placing a lot of trust in this being... But what did he have to lose. He'd already lost anything, and the hermits deserved better... He had to do it, didn't he. He had no other choices.

"I... Agree." He spoke to the Voidling. "But first... Who is the one of your kin I spoke to?"
"Ah, that's a question between the Voidling and you. They will tell you when their ready. But they'll never be ready if we do not move."
"Alright." He took a deep breath. "Lead me to the past then."

A/N:
You starting to get how I'll get a happy ending?
Also, here have a quickly drawn drawing of the voidling as their appearance is hard to explain T-T

A/N:You starting to get how I'll get a happy ending?Also, here have a quickly drawn drawing of the voidling as their appearance is hard to explain T-T

That is all, farewell for now. Sorry for the short chapter again, I again wanted to cut it at a spot that made sense.
Wc: 1065
- Xera