Chapter 3 - Knock knock it's your friend you thought was dead

TW: Panic Attacks/Flashbacks/Trauma

As he lay back in the newly crafted bed, thinking about the day. He'd learned so much about player's lives - Did you know it was common for them to die? Or that only a few hybrids could fly? Most players couldn't FLY, only glide with these new things called elytras, that you needed to go to the end for? That seemed miserable to him. 

He'd already made a type of village-cult thing with a few other hermits  - Impulse, who was energetic, and loved red stone (which of itself got like 50x more complicated since the update... that server had been on), Mumbo, who was calmer, but still kind, also somehow used this magical red fairy dust to make things, and Scar, who somehow died multiple times since Xelqua had joined the server, and thought a whole giant wagon was a starter base. He understood players even more than he had from his time in... servers before - But to be fair, that was very far back in time update-wise, and he spent most of his time trying to fix that glitch instead of interacting with the players in the server... He sighed, lying back in the bed, waiting for sleep to take him...

He opened up his eyes, and he was in some kind of grey-ish void. He turned around, looking for any sign of, well, anything but the pure grey made it hard to tell which way he was even looking. 

Right, he reminded. They needed reports... This must be his mindspace. A voice sounded from the distance.

"Xelqua." Ark called. He turned, seeing their masked face staring at him.

"Ark? Is this mindspace?"

"Yes. I've come for your report, and to advise if required." They dipped their head. "Now, please report."

He took a deep breath. "Well- They sensed the breach, and the admin, X-eye-suma, discovered the cause was our magic... no one seems too suspicious of me, other than someone known as Doc, who suspects I may be somehow related to you, but does not believe I am one as far as I know. For the server itself, it's an odd one. We have multiple hybrids, the most notable being Doc, who's a creeper with robotic parts, Ren, who's some type of dog hybrid, a zombie hybrid who's named Cleo and a blue slime hybrid named Jevin, along a few minor hybrids. The admin's panels were the same color as the disruption in the portal, which implies there were no outside forces at play, nor did two admins link their power, which is concerning." He saluted at Ark, as he was taught to do in the schools. He gathered this would be a poor time to do what he normally did and ignore any type of formal conduct.

"Good. We have no new orders for you, but avoid using magic at all costs, even with your mask. At most, if needed, you can do a memory wipe, but you'd need to be careful, and use only in emergencies as they'll be able sense it given information you've given us. Farewell Xelqua. Be careful, and we'll check in the next seven risings of the sun, player-time."

He nodded, before his mindspace faded into the darkness of slumber once more.

His eyes blinked open to the interior of the starter base, adjusting to the light of dawn creeping through the windows. He stood, stretching his wings (startled at first by how brightly colored the parrot wings were), and reached up to adjust his mask, only to remember he had taken it off. 

He sighed, looking up at the roof of his starter base, pulling the mask out of his inventory, and flipping it around in his hands. It was a elegant adornment, made to fit his face exactly. On the front, the Watcher symbol was carved, A rectangle broken up in two of the corners. It gave him a pang of homesickness... He missed Kanvi and Ark...

A knock from the door shook him from his thoughts, and made him jump. He quickly shoved the mask back into his inventory, and walked over, opening the door.