One heart beating for something new

Disclaimer, this is not a part of the stranger things series and I highly doubt it will ever be so don't take this fanfic to seriously :) Its just me having fun with my time but enjoy!

These dates might not be so accurate but the fanfic takes place before season 1, and Nancy and Steve are dating.

The hallway was surrounded with people chit chatting, making out, eating and mostly people arranging their lockers to match their personalitys. The air conditioner was clearly not on, maybe even broken, because you could feel the warm sun stinging from the only window to be seen in the hall. It was September 1st 1983 and everyone was back from summer break. Even though it was a depressing day for most teenagers, a tiny bit of happiness was hiding deep inside Tommy, growing, as he walked from second period to the cafeteria at the end of the same corridor.

 He discovered this feeling on the third day of his break, when he was out with Carol, smoking, almost the only thing that they do when they are together. He felt weird, that after being friends with her for so long, they could still date. I guess that the friends to lovers trope really is the best of them all. The cigarette moved from her to him and they really didn't have anything to talk about, just sat, silently, ruining their young lungs. 

When it sky started darkening and the cigarettes where the only flame to be seen, Carol decided to start a conversation with the boy she dated, which she had nothing in common with except for their shared friend of 5 years back. 

"You know Nancy Wheeler in year 10? I saw her with our dear Steve earlier, they were kissing in the back of his car"

Those two short sentences made Tommy zone out, a new feeling forming inside. of him, and he did not really understand what it meant at the moment.

"Thats bullshit! Why would Steve be with someone as perfect as Nancy Wheeler, unless he wants to fuck a virgin... trust me, that girl is no fun."¨

He started to try to figure out he's new, weird feeling, trying to come up with the best explanation for feeling like this. 

After a couple of more silence minutes Tommy had come up with a solution from this problem. It was more obvious for him to imagine it now, Nancy Wheeler going to all of Steves partys. The thinking of Steve hanging out with some girl that has A's writen in her eyes just made him wonder, is this was how he would spend his summer, hanging around the local miss perfect and watching Steve lose his interest in his friends.He thought that maybe her influence on Steve would make him dump his friends who were not close to his girlfriends standards. 

The only thing that Tommy knew for sure, was that when they all came back to school, the relationship would already be broken and that he would get his best friend back. He told himself, that the feeling was just him missing his best friend and it would disappear as soon as Nancy and Steve called it quits. The feeling changed, from jealousy to longing, for the first time he longed to get back to school.

"Come on Tommy, lets go home and do something and not just stand here and smoke weed for the rest of our lives!"

And thats exactly what Tommy decided to do.

Thank you if you are reading this and comment if you like it !

Word count 604 words

NEXT CHAPTER COMING TOMORROW PLEASE READ IT <33