One heart suffering in silence

Time skips, and even though Tommy thought that Steve would get bored of Nancy in no time, they were still going strong. He had to live though endless of lunches at the table in the corner, slowly loosing his best friend to a relationship which didn't make any fucking sense...

Lately Steve has been... distant. Thats a part of being popular, you have eyes on you constantly and you can't do anything about it. You have haters, but mostly people hang around you like clingy mosquitoes. Always annoying you. People take notice on what you do, how you look and what you say constantly , and there have been a lot of rumors of Steve Harrington, the king of Hawkins high, guaranteed prom king. They say that there must be an explanation why Steve Harrington suddenly has so much on his mind that he doesn't care about his popularity. Some people say its Nancy Wheelers influence, and some people say that he has something else on his mind, nagging him, eating him from the inside...

The feeling was still there, still growing, still unbeaten. Why does he feel like this? Nancy maybe isn't the coolest bitch in Hawkins hight, but it was no excuse to hate her like he did. On paper was she perfect, and even though he hated her for no reason, was he obligated to hang out with her. 

It was November 7th 1963, a dull and rainy morning in Hawkins Indiana. The leaves were rustling under Tommy feet when he was walking to school, his bag by his side, hitting his hip with every step. He had his head down, worrying about the homework he forgot to do, floating away in his thoughts. Suddenly he jumped, surprised by a loud car horn passing by him. He looked up, startled, when he saw a face in the drivers seat, looking out the window. He's hair was all over the place, but somehow it still looked good.

"You should have seen your face man, just add a high pitch scream and people would think that I scared a little girl! Just admit It, I scared the shit out of you.

"Fuck off, I was surprised to see you actually drive to school this early, you are usually an hour late to first period."

Steves face disappeard into the car and Tommy couldn't help to smile, but stopped immedially when he realised. "That asshole..." he said out loud, while laughing. 

Thank you all for reading my story! This chapter was short but I already have an idea for the 4th so I will actually starts on it rn

Word count 437