Nostalgic voice

"Ghost bride?"

There was a pause between her words as she looked intently into his green eyes, trying to find even a shred of false glimmer in them.

"And who is that?"

Blue was unstable. Even the smallest irk could fluctuate her emotions and end up activating her 'demons' and their unstoppable blabbering. Staying near Green was already a stab to her heart. The mere presence of his body warmth dries the roof of her throat, every centimetre he drew closer to her- every breath he took near her.. it was simply driving her crazy. Only she knew the amount restraint she had put in herself. Just so she wouldn't just launch herself on him, pinning him down to this very table and ripping his jade shirt apart from his warm skin. Running her thumb across his pulsating nerve of his neck, feeling every single beat under her fingers- very much alive and thriving. The very thought of it made her swallow hard the lump in her throat she didn't know she was holding in.

Snap out of it! This is not the time for it!

Why not? Why ignore the meal that is presented right before you? Hm, blue?~

He is not a meal. He is a living walking human and I am not a cannibal. Now shut up.

The fact that these inner conversations has grown so frequent, she wasn't even surprised anymore. What did divert her attention was the man standing ever so close to her. Within arm's reach, as if on purpose challenging her to take him. He didn't answer her questions but still had the audacity to run the back his fingers over over her cheeks.

"Well? Cat caught your tongue?"

She repeated. The silence was growing uncomfortable for her. And yet, she could swear she saw his pupils shake as he looked at her.

"Right."

Retracting his hands back, Green took a step back from her. Rubbing the bridge of his nose, he exhaled a heave of sigh as if he was holding his own breath now. Blue was utterly puzzled by this man's actions. It was true that in a very short amount of time she had grown to trust this very quite but spontaneous man. He had built his own life over the bricks of hardwork, she knew that more than anyone. She was his grandfather's regular costumer, after all. Going to missions and always transporting new found relics to his grandfather's laboratory for research was a regular walk in the park for her. Whether by chance or bad luck, she never once met him, it was always Mr. Oak telling her his grandson's new found feats or pictures hanging over his oddly neat office's wall. Once a grinning child, who's photos grew smileless as he grew up old and handsome, as if to compensate for the ethereal charm he inherited from his mother. Surprisingly, the story of this man grew on her. To know that a man who was coddled by his grandfather, stoic in nature and not expressive at all- this enigmatic man who let a zombie wife embrace her husband before killing her- he was the perfect image of a prince in Blue's eyes. A prince who would feel even for a stone but still not show it, he was that kind of man to her in Mr. Oak's stories.

But in front of her? Blue never knew what to make him out to be. He was spontaneous alright but in an odd way. He was never outwardly affectionate to her and yet, he was always standing in front of her as a wall, shielding her from people's eyes. To the world he appeared to be a stoic man but in front of her, he was always emotionally responding to people's words. Perhaps it was the world that had the wrong perception of him? Or her who had already assumed things about him.

"Ahem."

Green cleared his throat. Bringing Blue back to reality. Taking her hand away from the chair she was using as her support, she crossed her arms over her chest. Gesturing him to continue.