Chapter 18: Picking a Costume

It was finally Fall in Santa Cruz.

As Katelyn walked to school, she felt a cool autumn breeze surround her.

Just a month ago, Katelyn went from picking up an innocuous looking wooden mask to being a hero of an entire town. And more recently, the once mysterious and unpredictable artifact was now a weapon that she could wield with its sister mask; the mask's innocent facade had fallen and she was now its master. In the days following her trip to Pebble Beach, she actively delved deeper into the lore behind the mask and its original creator; making sure there weren't any loopholes that her alter-ego could pull.

"It's been a week since I last put it on," she thought to herself, "maybe I'll test it tonight..." Katelyn paused and heard two people shouting near the school courtyard.

She turned the corner and saw Danny and Maria in the parking lot, with a crowd around them. They seemed to be actively engaged in a fight.

"We're through!" Danny exclaimed and stormed off leaving Maria, now with crutches and standing by her friends, upset.

Upon seeing this, Katelyn sneaked into school through a side entrance and avoided socializing with Danny the entire day. Until her phone buzzed.

"Hey, wanna come to a halloween party this weekend?" Danny messaged.

She quickly replied, "sure". Then paused and smiled. What would she go as?

Katelyn's Home. 7:30 PM...

After finishing dinner, Katelyn headed to her bedroom and thought about what costume she would go to the party as. In the past, she dressed up as: Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter, Anna from Frozen, and even Bubbles from The Powerpuff Girls. But this time, she needed something different; especially since she'll be going with Danny.

She paced in her bedroom. She had so many ideas for different types of costumes but she didn't have too much time to go try out different wardrobes; Halloween was tomorrow.

She stopped in-place and had an idea; she could try out different outfits with the mask. She knew it could morph her clothes into different outfits and she could do it all in the comfort of her bedroom.

She grinned and pulled out the two masks and the controller from her lockbox. She made sure that the "FW" switch was set to "ON" and collapsed the two masks into one and drew the now morphing ball of tendrils towards her face; welcoming it.

Instantly, the two masked blobs pounced on her head and latched onto her face; hungry for her skull. After wearing the mask for a month, she no longer felt pain whenever putting it on; instead the tendrils now felt soothing and relaxing as it massaged her sculpt and fed her with god-like powers. Once the double set of tendrils united at the top of her spine, Katelyn spun into a twister; allowing the mask's fibrous material to gel and smoothen into its polished signature green material.

After a few seconds, Katelyn spun out of her twister and stood in front of her mirror; still in her original nighties. She was always fascinated by the mask's rubbery smooth complexion; it essentially exfoliated her face of her human skin color. She looked underneath her jaw and saw the ridge of the mask dig into her jawline; definitely a tight fit with two masks now on.

She stepped back from her mirror and closed her blue eyes; it was time to see herself in some costumes! With a snap of her fingers she spun into a twister.

First, she spun herself a Super Girl costume. It had all the signature parts of the iconic heroine: a blue top that exposed her midriff, a short red skirt, and a pair of red heeled boots with gold trim at her ankles. She looked at herself in the mirror and sighed. "I can't pull this off, I'm not normally that fit..." She thought to herself as she saw the six-pack that the mask helped etch onto her torso.

She sighed and spun again into a twister. This time she came out as Black Widow from The Avengers. Her outfit consisted of: a tight black V-neck suit that stretched from her breasts down her legs, black rubber high heeled boots that hugged her calfs, and a belt with a series of weapons; fake of course. She approached the mirror again and gave herself a twirl. While she liked the outfit, she sighed to herself as she cupped her breasts. With the mask, her normally average breasts were greatly enlarged and were very pronounced, almost popping, through the tight fabric of her suit.

Lastly, she tried something more wholesome. After a quick twister spin, she stepped forward and emerged as Katniss from The Hunger Games. Her outfit was now fitted with Katniss' brown leather jacket, green khakis, black buckle hiker boots, and a bow with a barrel of arrows strapped to her back. "Eh, good enough." She said to herself and started to rummage through her hair to find the mask's crease.

As she grabbed onto the folds of her mask, she looked back at the mirror at her face and all of a sudden an idea flashed in her mind. She let her hands down and spun into the last twister of the night. She stopped spinning and looked at herself; wearing a familiar yellow suit. On her feet, she wore patent yellow flats that were almost blindingly reflective. On her body, she wore a bright yellow two-piece pants and blazer with a white top that peeked through the buttons of her blazer. On her head, she wore a matching yellow fedora with a black stripe and a feather that stood upwards. Her hair was tied up into a long ponytail that disappeared into her hat and underneath the flab of green masked rubber. She stood back and just looked in awe at herself; her green masked face perfectly contrasted itself with the zoot, now turned business, suit. For some reason, she was entranced by her modern cosplay of Stanley Ipkiss. Katelyn started to smile and scheme; it would be wild to dress up as the Mask while actually wearing the real mask in public. In this outfit, nobody would be the wiser and she could always play it off since it was Halloween.

She stepped closer towards the mirror and grew more giddy. She, consciously wanted to attend Danny's halloween party wearing her masked cosplay. To Katelyn, the naughtiness of wearing the mask in public amongst unsuspecting people excited her. In response to her giddiness, the mask started to stroke her head; sending waves of pleasure through her scalp which yielded additional moans from Katelyn. She then placed her hands on her face, with her palms on her cheeks and her fingers facing towards her back, and rubbed her green flesh. As she rubbed the bottom of her cheeks harder, the mask responded by sending pleasure down her spine; eventually she was lost in the mask's delight. Until...

"Kat, are you okay?" Her mom asked through her locked bedroom door.

Katelyn snapped out of her masked trance and replied, "I'm fine mom! Just stretching before bed."

And with that, Katelyn slid her hands across the back of her head and reached for the crease. She pulled at the inset crack and felt each tendril unstick itself from her scalp. As she pulled, she spun into a twister that reverted her business suit back into her nighties and her hair back into its previously disheveled form. With one final pop, the two masks unglued itself from her face and left Katelyn excited at what she planned to do tomorrow.

================================

How convenient ;P

Let me know your thoughts down below in the comments and vote up this chapter if you enjoyed it! If you'd like to see more stories in the future, please consider supporting with a cup of coffee for some late night writing at: https://patreon.com/manifestbound