Tracy

Why, why did this have to happen to me out of all days, why me.

 Why did max have to do this to me. As I got home from the worst day of my life, I run straight to my room not looking at my sister or mom.

 I'm stuck in literal trash. As I was about to change out of my beautiful dress that is now ruined, I hear a knock on my door "hey there, butter bug, it's me Dani, are you ok"

Ha- idk why Dani has to introduce herself she's the only person alive that calls me butter bug except for my dad but he's not alive.

"I'm not ok, today was so bad... so fucking bad"

"Aww honey, can you let me in so we can talk"

As I get up, I unlock my door and let Dani in
"Come give me a hug"

"But I'm dirty"

"Who cares come here"

As I step into my sister's arms, I begin to cry, I don't mean that light shit, I start weeping

"Butter bug what happened, talk to me"

"Max set me up Dani, he set me up"

"And what did he do, what happened"

As we slowly start to take a seat on the floor, I start explaining to Dani everything that happened. As soon as I get to prom, I was happy, everything was perfect. We enter the prom; Max takes my hand and I start to think that maybe he likes me back. We then meet up with max's friends and he talks to them for a while. 20 minutes into prom, max takes me to the dance floor, we dance for a couple songs then, that's when everything turned for the worst. 

Tyler, Max's best friend gets onto stage, takes the microphone and starts talking "this speech is dedicated to the loser who just won't give up on my best friend, well, he took you to the prom, Tracy, you feel better now, you feel good, now you can stop drooling over Max, you're nothing but a loser and will always be trash"

 then out of nowhere paint was splashed all over me along with food waste. Everyone was watching even Max, he didn't do anything, he just stood there while everyone laughed, I quickly ran out of there expecting Max to follow me and drive me home, but he never did. I had to call an Uber and wait 30 minutes out in the cold, embarrassed.

My sister looks at me with shock and sadness, she then gives me another big hug wipes my tears and kisses me on the forehead

"Butter bug, you're loved, and you need to know that, and you listen here, Max, will never love you the way you love him. He doesn't deserve it. 

You're amazing and so thoughtful, don't ever waste your love on a man who won't give you just as much love as you deserve, you understand, let this day be a reminder to never settle, because you deserve more,

 don't ever lower your standard just because others believe you don't deserve it. So, from today onwards you're going to work on yourself and love yourself and when the next man who proves to you that he deserves you're love comes along, love him with all your heart because that is what your heart deserves, understand"

I looked at my sister who looks just as heartbroken as I do and nod

" I understand"

"Good, I'm going to

 give you a book, ok, read it, when you're done, let me know what you think" Dani gets up then walks out,

 she later comes back with a book, 

Finding me by Viola Davis.

"Here, don't forget butter bug, I love you and I will never, ever stop loving you, so please love yourself"

"Ok"

And with that Dani left

Dear diary,
I want to change; I want to love myself... xoxo

Tracy