Max

As, Alex, and I walk into Tyler's home we are bombarded with Harper and Tyler arguing about God knows what. 

"For the last time there is no way King Kong, can beat Godzilla, Godzilla is 2x bigger than Kong and Godzilla has electrical powers" Harper states in a frustrated tone. 

"Ok and... not only is King Kong strong but he has super intelligence that Godzilla does not have so he can adapt his fighting style to destroy Godzilla" Tyler says in a louder tone then Harper.

"You have got to be an idiot cause..." before Harper can finish her sentence, I cut her off not wanting to hear any more of this Godzilla and Kong argument. 

"Please for the sake of everyone here let's just end this debate." 

Harper and Tyler both turned their head, "look who the cat dragged in" Harper says in a sneaky remark. 

"Yeah buddy, where have you been these past few weeks" Tyler says after 

"nowhere" I respond not wanting to tell them about Tracy and I's hangout... well not really a hangout cause Tracy doesn't talk to me but like it can still be considered a hangout because we sit and chill together but if Tracy had it her way, she definitely would not like... 

"Hello earth to Max, we asked you a question" Tyler states which snaps me out of

 my thoughts. 

"Sorry, what was the question again" I say because I have no clue what they asked. 

"Oh brother, we said that's not a good enough answer, what have you been doing these past few weeks that has caused you to completely ignore your friends" Harper says with a frustrated look on her face. 

"Just doing some personal reflection and stuff" I say, "like what, please elaborate" Harper snaps back. 

"Reading and shit" I say "god, Max just answer the question cause clearly that's not the answer" Tyler says. 

"Ok guys I can tell there is a lot of tension but let's give Max a break, there must be a reason that he's not comfortable with telling us and that's ok" Alex says trying to ease the tension. 

"Thank you, Alex" I say just wanting to end the conversation.

"No, that's not good enough, we've been friends for how many years and all of a sudden that whole prom shit with Tracy happens and then you go off grid, which might I add you didn't have much of an objection to" Tyler whisper yells back. 

"I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE GOING TO DO THAT" I say yelling "If I had known I would have never allowed you to do that, and I also wouldn't have been in hot water with Tracy" I spit out trying to calm myself down and not say something that outs me. 

" Oh, so now what Tyler did was wrong, weren't you the one defending Tyler when we had that conversation, God knows when about how what Tyler did was fucked up" Harpers chips in to say. 

"ughhhh yes, yes I did and I fully regret doing that but" before I can finish my sentence Tyler interrupts me "there is not but you were on my side defending me, if you had a problem with what I did you should have said something when the whole shit went down but no you just stood there, did nothing so you are at fault too, so just shutting your friends out when you silently cosigned to the prom situation makes you a shitty friend" Tyler gasped out almost a few meters away from my face, I could almost feel the anger spilling from his face 

"Max you can't just blame everyone else when you were also the problem, and yes what Tyler did was fucked up, Harper and I have been telling him ever since the whole situation happened, but you need to take accountability too so does Harper and I, we were all a part of the problem" Alex calmly explains to me. 

"What I don't get is why you all of a sudden you care about Tracy's feelings, where is this coming from that you need to shut your friends out from your life" Harpers says slowly calming down.

*silence* 

"Don't just go silent on us Max, SPEAK UP" Tyler says trying not to blow up. 

" I LIKE HER ok, I like her a lot and for some reason I'm only realizing that now but now it's too late, she doesn't like me, she can't even look at me without having a face of disgust and yes for the many years I rejected her or made her feel small I was adamant about not liking her and even in the car with you Alex I was still in denial but the fact of the matter is like a loser, I didn't know what I had till I lost it and for the summer I'm just slowly trying to get what I lost back but nothing seems to be working... I just want her to look at me again" I say finally getting what I've been secretly denying for weeks now off my chest. 

Everyone just stared at me in silence before Alex speaks up "I fucking knew it." 

I look at him with a confused look "knew that I liked her?" 

"Yeah, well not at first but after Tracy went ghost on you, I could tell it affected you a lot harder than you expected it to and every time I commented on Tracy's looks you got a little agitated which is not normal for someone who apparently "doesn't like" a girl" Alex proudly confesses. 

"Sorry I'm still confused on why you blew us off" Tyler opens up still annoyed. 

"Because I was more focused on trying to win Tracy's attention and I didn't want her thinking I wasn't serious about making amends by hanging out with you guys the people who I enabled and encouraged, I wanted to show her that I've changed and that It's ok to trust me again" I say defeated. 

Again silence, I hate the silence, why won't they say anything. 

"Guys please say something, anything." 

"What's your plan" Harper replies. 

"My plan?" I say, "Yes your plan, stupid, what's your plan to win back Tracy?" Harper explains. 

"Well, I didn't really have a plan, I've just been doing whatever" I say. 

"Well, what's whatever" Alex responds. 

I slowly start to explain to my friends what I've been doing for the past few weeks and how I've been trying to "win" Tracy over. 

"So, what you're telling us is that all you've been doing is going to the place she frequently eats and sitting with her, even though she doesn't want you there, and have been reading...did I get that right" Harper slowly reiterates back what I've told her. 

"yes" I say. 

"Wow you've got no game, like non what's so ever, it's quite embarrassing" Harper says with a disappointed look on her face. 

"Well, what am I supposed to do" I say, desperate and confused needing more guidance on how to get Tracy's attention. 

"From a women's perspective I'll give you some advice, then we will work on a plan but most importantly we'll work on bettering yourself for her. You need to be better for her" Haper says with a small smile on her face.

"Sounds like a plan" Alex states after 

"And don't do that ghosting shit again...I kind of got you in this shit but you shouldn't do this alone" Tyler states in a softer tone then his previous ones. 

"Thank you, guys, genuinely."