11: Schemes 🤫

Third person pov

"Where are the other things you bought? Some are missing," Akaza whispered, slightly confused.

Y/n flinched at the question. She did not think Akaza would be so observant. Was she found out?

The demon narrowed his eyes on her. Does it involve the man they met at the shop? "You never told me anything about your fiancé. It's strange for you to become a demon slayer when you could've been living a happy life married to a wealthy man," he remarked. Kurapika's chains looked like very expensive jewelry In Akaza' eyes, so the demon came to the conclusion that he was a merchant.

Y/n put her things down before sharply glaring at him."My apologies, last I remember... it was none of your business," she hissed, now angered by the memory of that night. Thanks to Akaza and Kurapika's stupid outburst, the people in the town are spreading rumors about her, saying she was dumped after she was caught cheating and whatnot. How can she show her face there again?

Akaza jerked back, shocked at her reaction. Nevertheless, he quickly composed himself as he kept up his act.

"Wouldn't hurt to get to know each other more, seeing how we'll both be working under Muzan-sama," he implied.

Y/n was annoyed at Akaza's weird attempts to pry into her life. If he wanted to talk then he should go first. She thought about his questions for a while as she put two and two together, catching up to his schemes.

She wanted to expose him for his tricks but thought of a plan herself. "If you really want to know so badly, how about a spar?" She suggested.

"Oh? And how exactly will that help?" He asked, crossing his arms.

Y/n smirked as she got up. "Don't you know? A spar can say a lot about someone. Their attacks can basically spell out their personalities, but if that's not enough, then we can have a small bet. Winner can ask for anything from the loser, wether it be dumb questions or a favor," she offered.

Akaza thought about her offer, weighing the pros and cons. Noted, if he so happened to lose, he'd have to follow her request through and through, but if he won, he can ask for anything. The only problem was...

"I don't fight women," he blatantly responded, earning a frown from y/n.

"Then just ask someone else to take your place," she stated, as if it was so obvious.

Akaza sighed and got up, accepting her offer, as he walked towards the door. "I'll be right back then."

Y/n pov

I waited until Akaza was out of earshot, before laughing my ass off.

"The fish has taken the bait."

I wonder who he'll have to convince. As long as it's not anyone in higher status, I'll be fine. My goal is to test the strength of the upper moons and find out their weakness as well. It can be helpful for everyone in the demonslayer corps to know. But that comes later. Right now, my device needs my utmost attention.

I know I'm very far away from the demonslayer headquarters. It sucks having such a large range of nen when I can't even reach my friends, but not to worry.

I turned towards the parts scattered all over the floor from Akaza's meddling, and picked them up. Heh, if there's no way, 'll just have to create a way.

"Those demons better pray I'm still here by the end of this week, because before they know it, I'll be long gone."

Third person pov

While Y/n was scheming her way out of the castle, the stranded hunters were having a hard time convincing the sound hashira to let a butterfly go.

"Please stop will you? NOOOOO!" Aoi screamed. She tried to wiggle out of uzui's arms, but failed miserably.