16: Upper Moon Meeting 🌕🌖🌗

Third person pov

"CAW CAW CAW! UPPER MOONS SIX HAS BEEN...DEFEATED? CAW! DEFEATED!"

Tanjiro's kusagi crow quickly spread the message to all the Hashiras and Demonslayers. The rookie slayers along with Uzui have slain an upper moon after hundreds of years...this was the start of something grand.

"They did it..." The master coughed blood into his hand. "They really did it...after all these years! Muzan...we will kill you this generation, I swear!"

The master smiled as his wife and children helped his sit up. 'Especially with those hunters. I'm sure they helped out a lot. Thank you, Killua, Gon, and Y/n.'

________________
__________

Still third person pov

"Huh. I guess I didn't need to run over as fast as I did," Iguro huffed.

'But you walked the entire way...' A kakushi thought, slightly twitching his eyebrow.

The Hashira ignored the judgmental stare coming from the kakushi.

"But to think that new slayers were able to manage to kill an upper moon, how ridiculous. I've only known one hashira that was able to do such a thing, and that was the mist Hashira. I'll look into this," he grunted, before leaping onto the roof of a building and searching the area. His snake hissed into a direction, causing the hashira to turn his head.

'Ah, there you are.'

He quickly spotted them huddled close together on the ground by a collapsed building, uncertain of what they were doing, so he decided to slowly walk in on them. As the hunters came into view, he felt a wave of power surround them.

Gon, Killua, and y/n were circulating their nen. Standing close to each other with their eyes closed, and not engaging with the others. Obanai found it odd.

'I can feel a certain energy radiating off of those three. I've never said anything since it was master, but I've always wondered where they came from. There's just something off about them, I can't quite put my finger on it.'

Uzui managed to sense the Serpent Hashira as he continued to inch closer. "About time you get here, lazy ass. That snake of yours slowing you down? How non flamboyant of you!" He smirked as he crossed his arms, hoping to get a reaction out of him.

Obanai glared at Uzui before turning his eyes to Tanjiro, more accurately, what was beside him. It was the same old box he used to carry his demon sister around. But the presence of the demon seems to have almost tripled, if that was possible.

He looked sharply at Tanjirou, "Oi brat, what's the deal with your sister? How did she become so powerful in a short amount of time? I can feel her strength radiating from the box."

Tanjiro nervously sweats under the pressure of the Serpent Hashira, unsure of what to say. Should he tell him that they kept the upper moons alive and that they're inside Nezuko's box with her? ......maybe not. "She gets stronger every battle." A reasonable excuse.

The hashira narrowed his eyes. "I'll question you later when I report this to the master. On another matter," he glanced at the hunters, "what are they doing? Sleeping?"

"Ah, they're recovering their energy....is what they said. They didn't care to elaborate much. Long story my ass, they didn't explain anything!" Uzui grumbled as he slowly shielded Tanjiroy. Uzui knows how much Obanai dislikes him, and fighting wouldn't do any good, so it's best to leave it at that.

Obanai frowned. Was the demon slayer newbie so weak that he needed someone else to defend him? "I'm asking the kid, not you. Step aside," he growled.

Uzui clenched his fists and grinned his teeth at his rude behavior. Why is he so angry today? Because Tanjirou, the kid he disliked, survived? How childish. He got up and began to walk towards them, making sure his other wives stayed behind him. "Hey, watch what your tongue or else—"