What is love?

Request made by: CartoonLoverGirI01

(What is love?! Baby don't hurt me! Don't HURT ME! No more!🎶)
(did I give it this title just to make that joke?... Fuck yeah, it's a good song)

Years went by like nothing.

The Sorcerer had been defeated ages ago and Norrisvile doesn't even look the same as it once was.

New skyscrapers took over the smaller parts of the city, freshly paved roads and sidewalks that replaced the very cracked old ones, and new technological changes that made it easier for citizens to get around.

The school remains but has gone under a lot of construction to where every piece of it is practically brand new, lots of monster attacks over the years are to thank for the needed construction.

I've seen every small change in Norrisvile.
I've been alive for longer than I can count.

It gets lonely.

Well, it used to be.

Randy, a strange Ninja that was once appointed was now immortal after destroying the Sorcerer.
He was granted with this ability and he was happy to accept it once he learned that he would help more people in the long run.

But, the first few years were hard for him.

It was difficult for him to see everyone around grow old while he remained intact.
I watched him brave through it all and managed to make it on the other side.

It was honestly shocking how fast it took for him to bounce back.
The one thing he would remind himself is,
"At least they lived a happy life,"

Which struck a cord in me.

I didn't realize that I needed to hear that too.
I swear, I learn more from him then he learns from me.

Sometimes I catch myself thinking his cute and stuff but I won't say that out loud.

I'm aware his no longer mortal anymore and could easily live just as long as me, if not more but still.
I don't want to cloud my judgement or his.

I want what's best for him and I'm not what's best for him.

But I suppose Randy is eventually going to start thinking about dating and will also soon realize that dating as immortals is not easy.

Well, I was hoping that conversation wouldn't come up anytime soon.

I was wrong.

"Nomi, can I talk to you real quick?" Randy asked.
"What is it?" I said, opening my eyes to see Randy before me.

His eyes locked onto mine as I struggled to fight back the thoughts of his eyes being pretty.

We were currently in my book, the Nomicon, simply passing the time here since we couldn't really go anywhere else in Norrisvile.

It's kinda limited with what we can do so what's the point of going out there when I can create anything we want in here.

"Well... I just wondering... have you ever been in love?" He suddenly asked.

I was taken aback by this question, clearing my throat as I tried to piece the words together.

I wanted to say, "Yeah, I'm in love with you," but instead I went with the coward response with a simple,

"No, I haven't," I simply stated.
"Oh... well, do you ever think you ever will?" He said.

"I don't think so, I am immortal after all, not many options when it comes to that sort of thing," I said.
"How come?" He questioned, sitting beside me as he patently waited for my response.