Rock and Little Love

Request by: (me, the moefoe writing this)

(Ok, I rewatched some of rc9gn and I saw the band episode, and not only that, I just listened to the greatest album known to man made by Kid Travis soooooo.... Let the inspiration commence!)

"Why can't I? You always pick what we play," I huffed.
"Because! No one wants to hear your sappy love song to your precious boyfriend!" Howard groaned while throwing air quotes in the air.
"It's not that sappy..." I mumbled.
"Don't care, didn't ask, 30 Seconds to Math is meant to be Rock! Hardcore! Like the greats!" Howard exclaimed.

"It wouldn't hurt if, you know, we slipped it in the middle. No one would even notice!" I argued.
"If no one will notice, then why bother!" Howard pointed out.
"...Whatever," I mumbled in defeat.

Howard and I have been arguing about what to do about our band. The two of us chilling at my place as we tried to get on the same page.

But as you could see, we have two completely different ideas for what to perform.

Recently, we had just got this gig the Game Hole opened up. They are allowing small bands to play music this weekend for everyone there.
It's a pretty big deal since everyone at our school visits the Game Hole on the daily, especially on the weekends.
Which means we would basically be performing for the whole school.

Each band can play up to three songs that should only be three minutes long each.
No more, no less.

I thought that since I and Howard didn't have a lot of songs on standby, I thought we could play a quick song I've been meaning to play for Nomi.

But of course, he shot that idea down right when I suggested it.
Of course, he would think that my song is a quote sappy song and will ruin the mood of our band, the guy hasn't had a girlfriend in years so he wouldn't understand.

But it's whatever, the event isn't until this Friday so we will have plenty of time to think up some ideas for a new song.

It's gonna be hard since we would only have a week to prepare but we were up for the challenge.

Even if our problems would be solved in a flash if he were to just say yes to my already written song.

I slouched into my seat while Howard messed with his soundboard as he simply sat on my beanbag, both of our faces showed our frustration on full display as we tried to think of more ideas.

It was kinda hard when each of us would say no to every single one of them though.

"Bruh! We can't keep stalling! We are going to have to think of something," I insisted.
"Well sorry if all your ideas are wonk," Howard sighed.
"Oh, and what great ideas do you have?" I asked with sarcasm.

"Easy, we listen to all the rock classics! I'm talking Black Sabbath, Metallica, Rob Zombie, and Ozzy Osbourne!" Howard exclaimed with excitement as he hopped off my beanbag to grab his phone to play some music.

"Again? None of it helped before, what makes you think it will work now?" I questioned.
"Well you've been thinking all lovey-dovey lately so I thought returning you to your roots would help," Howard grinned.

He then connected his phone to the speaker in my room, bumping Dracula by Rob Zombie at full blast with no warning which made me cover my ears in pain.

I don't hate the song but a warning would have been nice, the guy is notorious when it comes to his loud guitar solos that will leave your ears ringing for a while.

I quickly went over to my speaker, turning down the song but that only made Howard annoyed.

"Hey! That was the good part," Howard huffed.
"I know it is but lower the volume man," I retorted.
"But that's how you're supposed to listen to it," Howard insisted.
"Don't care, didn't ask," I taunted, quoting him from before.