Coffee Break

Request made by: (the moefoe writing this)

(Fall has been here for a while so a classic coffee shop love story is exactly what we need lol.)
(Thank you to CartoonLoverGirl01 for the idea! Brainstorming ideas on Discord is what my smooth brain needs!)
(Anyway, hope you enjoy!)
(THE TIME IS 4:20 am! YES! THE FUNNY NUMBER!)

Work is not fun to deal with. Especially when your CEO of the whole building. Most would think being at such a high status would have its perks but it doesn't compare to the utter pain of dealing with stupidity exceeding my expectations.

Like fellow members making poor investment choices, cutting costs on essential projects, or lowering pay to employees below us simply for a one percent difference in income.

It's very frustrating. All these problems snowball into this big mess that I have to do overtime for just to salvage whatever is left. Which means long hours at my desk simply working my time away to dust.

Though I suppose it's not all bad. The office at night is surprisingly peaceful with no people in the building. The chatter in the cubicles is cut to nothing and the number of people barging into my office to ask a simple-to-answer question is at a zero.

But there is one issue where staying up is a struggle. There isn't exactly a coffee shop open at midnight and the coffee maker is completely unusable after someone put milk rather than water in the damn thing.

I truly work with the finest of dumbasses.

It's annoying indeed but I manage. I am very lucky to be in the position I'm in because I know I would be even more frustrated if I were a level lower. Being a CEO does relieve some stress but it does add a lot to my plate.

A knock on my door snapped me out of my train of thought. I sighed to myself before telling them they could come in, hoping that whatever news they had were good.

"What is it?" I asked, clearly not in the finest of moods.
"I have those revisals you requested," They stated.

They handed me the large stack of papers. A tower of paperwork that just left me dreading whatever was written on them.

Hopefully, they hadn't messed up again...

My hopes were too high.

"Who approved of these?" I asked.
"Um... I'm not sure," They mumbled.
"Well, tell whoever is part of this department to review it again. These numbers are all wrong," I stated, pushing the pages back to him.

"I'm sorry sir but the superiors of the accounting department left for vacation yesterday," They explained.
"...For how long?"
"...Three days,"

There goes whatever plans I had planned.

"Fine, I'll cover it, return to your work," I stated.

They left the room in a rush, leaving me to brew in my added work load.

I really should look into hiring more competent people because overworking myself day in and day out is not helping. My blood is practically cheap coffee at this point.

I focused on work at this point. Ignoring the clock hanging on my wall and silencing any calls to my office, throwing myself into work without stopping.

But at some point, I wasn't even sure what time was anymore. I finally looked up from my computer to see it was already night. The sunset was a while ago and I'm not even sure if I'll be done with work just yet.

Still, twelve more files to review until I can call it a day.

I sighed as I could feel myself getting tired by the minute. My eyes now struggling to stay open and my vision blurring.