Pick a Side, FBI

Request made by: (the moefoe writing this)

(Part two! Let's goooooo!)
(Hopefully y'all will enjoy this bad boy! And apologies again for how long it's been lol!)
(Also, thank you for 15 followers! Y'all are awesome!)
(Another big thanks to @CartoonLoverGirl01 for helping me format this story! Literally wouldn't have been possible without their help!)

The party was still very much alive. Partygoers making small talk as they discussed McFist's donation party. Many of which were praising him for his generosity.

All I hear is, "He's a saint!" Or "How kind of him!" Or maybe even "He can do no wrong!"

Which kinda ticked me off.

I don't blame them since they don't know the full story but it's frustrating to know how easily everyone sides with him. All he has to do is flash a smile and everyone is willing to look the other way when he does wrong.

I'm even having urges to just call him out now in front of everyone here. Maybe even scream it at the top of my lungs.

But that would only hurt our investigation.

Howard and Heidi were still off doing their own thing with me having no idea where they were.
I suspect that Heidi was off making small talk and Howard was probably at the food bar.

I kinda want to leave already.

After all, what's there to do? I have nothing in common with any of these people. I'm at a party praising the one guy I hate, and just to add salt to the wound, the guy I found myself liking also just so happens to work for McFist.

I'm starting to regret taking this mission.

Nomi was currently taking care of whatever McFist had requested, leaving me by myself once again.

Even though it was stressful as fuck to have him suddenly ask my name; I still wouldn't mind chatting with him longer.

He's the kind of guy that has you wishing he'd stick around longer. And I'm certainly feeling the effect.
But I know it wouldn't work, I might as well cut my losses and just accept it.

Better than just feeling sorry for myself I guess.

"Yo, Cunningham, stop daydreaming and talk to me bruh,"

I finally crashed the train of thought in my head and looked over to see Howard who was trying to get my attention.

"Oh, sorry man," I sighed.
"Hey, I saw you chatting it up with the man of the hour. So when do you think you'll ask him out?" He teased.

"No one is asking anyone out," I stated.
"Oh come on. It's not like he's married to his job. He could quit whenever, he doesn't have to work for McFist," He shrugged.

"So I'll be the guy that arrested his boss? No thanks, I'd rather be the out-of-place-idiot that can't dress formally to save their life," I said.

"I don't hear any cons with that first outcome. I mean I wouldn't mind if someone were to arrest my boss," He chuckled.
"...Isn't Heidi our boss?" I pointed out.
"Ha, exactly," He laughed.

"Now, what do you need? I thought you were too busy stealing all the fancy snacks at the snack bar," I said.
"Well, Heidi wants to have a brief meeting. I guess the plan she had originally isn't working out. I wonder why, haha," He grinned.
"Ugh, fine. I really ain't looking forward to it," I sighed.

"Chill man, I'm sure she won't take it too hard to find out the guy she's been trying to flirt with has found interest in you~," He said with heavy sarcasm.
"...Uh huh,"