Heart Racing

Request made by: (Technically was just a spur-of-the-moment idea but CartoonLoverGirl01 really motivated me to keep writing this! So thank you so much!)

(Did my brother make me watch Rush, aka a race car movie? Yes. Did it spark the inspiration to write this? Yes again)
(It's giving "Need Your Lane" by Matt Corman. It's not a love song but gets the people GOING!)

When I was younger, the first time I saw a race car in person was when I was around six.
I don't remember all the details but all I know is that's when I wanted to race just like the greats.

Specifically the Ninjas, a racing team known for their near-perfect win record. People say when they go against a Ninja on the road they instantly know that their chances of winning are down by half.

Every four years they swap out a new racer to take over and with every new racer, they get stronger and stronger.

And I've always wanted to race for them.

Too bad I became a mechanic.

I started to train myself right when I got my license, focusing on nothing other than cutting my records in half on the track.

But sadly, I didn't make the cut. It was nearly impossible to become a racer with how strict they were with requirements.

It was obvious that the other racers were far more prepared than me. They even had their own race car that they bought. I had to rent one out. I heavily underestimated how much money people put into getting their place and I just didn't have enough to spill.

But it's not all bad, being a mechanic means that I get to meet many racers from all over the globe. All because I simply work on their cars. But I do wish that I could at the very least work on the Ninja.

The car is an absolute beast on the road and I want to be able to see what makes this thing so unbeatable. Seeing videos of it and specks on paper don't compare to seeing it in person.

I just don't know if that time will even come.

"Cunningham, wake yo ass up!" Howard huffed before smacking the back of my head.

"Ow, what was that for?" I groaned.
"Cause you're off in your head at the wrong time for this! Something big is happening!" Howard gushed.
"Would be great to hear an explanation," I sighed.

We were currently chilling in the lounge area, taking a break from working in that hot garage filled with car parts.

But I guess Howard was hyped about something on the small TV in the corner of the room.

Howard quickly grabbed the remote and turned up the volume, making it easier to listen to whatever was happening on screen.
What's so interesting about what's on TV?

"Good evening, I'm Heidi Weinerman and I'm here live, interviewing the stars on team Ninja," The reporter exclaimed toward the camera.

I'm all ears now.

"Here we have are the two main people behind the dream team of such a powerful car. The Creep, known for creeping up the ranks and landing first place back when he was behind the wheel," She smiled.

The camera changed to a man wearing a cowboy-like outfit, tipping his hat lighting as he nodded toward the camera. His classic aviator sunglasses on with no cares. So cool!

"And the one and only Nomi Conico, also known as the Nomicon. He's trained all past Ninja drivers. He also had his own brilliant track record with his near-perfect record. He's definitely earned the nickname," She gushed.

Nomicon didn't react much. All he did was simply give a small nod toward the camera without cracking a smile.

My face turned red in an instant.
He has always been a hero in my eyes, managing to train the greats behind the Ninja.
I always wished to meet him in person.