Chapter 14

My stay at the Malfoy Manor was amazing. Samantha and I played all types of kid games and Landon was as adorable as ever. Narcissa even told me some stories about my mother and all of the shenanigans they would get into at school. Draco gave me a 'grand tour' of the place and I was surprised to find that sharing a room with him was fun. We stayed up late and talked about life. He confessed to me that he always dreamed of having a big family and growing old with his wife as their grandchildren played in the garden. It was a beautiful dream.

My mind still can't process the past few months. When school started up again, I had expected the same boring year with Hermione and my books. The only exciting thing I looked forward to was hearing more of the adventures that Hermione and her friends went through. But I never, not even once, pictured myself to be where I am now, especially without my hat. Here in the Malfoy Manor, having the time of my life while traveling the world with my best friend. At first I was sad because Draco refused to let our relationship grow but I decided to ignore it and have fun. And I'm l gad I did.

Later that night, we exchanged Christmas gifts. Since I didn't know that Samantha would be joining us, I had to improvise and I gave her my favorite jewelry box. Every time you opened it, a ballerina would play a soft melody as she twirled around on one leg. It was a gift from my father but when I saw the look on Samantha's face when I gave it to her; I knew I made the right decision to give it to her. In return she gave me a big hug and kissed me on my cheek. I laughed when she told me I was the best mommy in the world. She still hadn't stopped playing house. Draco and I just played along.

Narcissa gave me a beautiful lacy, red night gown and then winked at her son. Draco yelled at his mother's impertinence as I went red like a tomatoe. I gladly accepted it and gave her a golden hair clip in return. One might think that my gift was unimportant but Narcissa hugged me, tightly. At first she wouldn't accept it but I insisted. It was my mother's hair clip but I could tell that it brought back many memories to Narcissa, so I gave it to her. 

And then finally Draco, finding his gift was the hardest of all. It took forever to brew. I went into my bag and handed him a small glass bottle filled with a silvery substance.

Draco quirked an eyebrow. "What is it?"

I grinned, "Guess!"

"I'm not going to guess, just tell me!" he scowled and I laughed.

"Alright you big baby," I pointed at the small bottle. "My gift to you is Felix Felicis otherwise known or referred to as-"

"Liquid luck! You got me liquid luck but how?" His eye widened in happiness.

"I made it and let me tell you that it was not easy. It took me at least three tries until I asked Slughorn for help. After he fixed my mistakes, I made the perfect batch of liquid luck. Cool huh?" I grinned.

"Alice, this is....how did you know?"

"In the beginning of the year, when we were first asked to make the Draught of Peace potion, you seemed very determined," I paused and added lowly. "Besides you would have won if Harry did not cheat."

"He cheated! How?" he asked, surprised.

"The book he took from the back of the room had scribbled all over it. The previous owner of the book must have corrected the book's mistakes in order to make stronger, more potent potions. Harry had no clue what he was doing, that much I could tell but he followed the instructions and he won." I explained and Draco looked livid.

"Why didn't you say something?"

"It wasn't my place to tell." 

He sighed. "I guess, I'm not surprised. Knowing you he could have been poisoning someone and you would just keep it to yourself."