Chapter 20

Two months have passed and I'm nervous. Never in my life have I felt this unsure. Hermione and I were just at the hospital wing confirming my suspicions. A month ago I began to feel weird, throwing up, crying for no reason at all, having stomach cramps and I've even gained some weight. Admittedly, I have had my suspicions as to what might be the cause of it but I needed to be sure.

Madame Pomfrey just told me that I was two months pregnant. I didn't mind. I loved kids and having Draco's child would be nothing short of happiness for me. I was extremely excited with the news. Plus I'm sixteen and in the wizarding world seventeen is the legal marriage age so it won't be frowned upon. I'll admit I never expected to have one so soon but hey! I never expect to get a boyfriend and have more than one friend either. Life changes and we just have to learn to deal with it. I'm just afraid of my father's reaction to this but no matter what happens I have Draco. Right?

Shaking the nervousness from my head, I continued to walk with my friend. Hermione and I went straight to Potions after our little trip. She was being a great friend as she insisted on throwing me a baby shower once my stomach has grown a tad bit bigger. My robes were long so they concealed my little baby bump. We walked in late but after showing Professor Slughorn our passes, we went straight to our seats. I sat down and gave Draco a soft peck on the lips before speaking.

"What potion are you making?" I asked, lightly.

"Slughorn asked us to brew something 'amusing' so I'm making a Hiccoughing Potion." Draco answered and I nodded, I found it quite funny when someone would drink that potion and hiccup uncontrollably. "Where were you and Granger?" he asked as he chopped up some green leaves and dropped it in the mix.

"We went to the hospital wing," I answered.

"Why? Are you feeling sick?" He stopped chopping and placed a hand on my forehead. I smiled at his concern.

"Oh no Draco I'm not sick." He nodded, relieved and picked up the knife again. As he chopped I debated on whether or not to tell him. I decided to tell him. I mean what's the worst that could happen? "Draco, remember when we first," I blushed. "You know?"

He smirked, "How could I forget? It was the best night of my life."

I laughed nervously. "Funny you should say that because well...I'm pregnant."

The moment I said that, Draco hand slipped from the knife and it cut open his hand. I went to help but he wrapped a towel around it and rubbed the bridge of his nose. He took a deep breath as he took in what I told him. Draco knew that I never lied, well except with my father sometimes but come on, what teenager is 100 percent truthful with their parents? Draco turned and went to speak to me when Slughorn came over to grade his potion.

"Not quite what I was looking for," he said, unimpressed. "But it's passable."

Draco fumed as Slughorn went over to Harry's table and praised him yet again. I fiddled with my hair, nervously deciding that now wasn't the best time to talk but how was I suppose to know Slughorn would be such a Meany?

Class soon ended and we all made our way out the door. Draco led me outside to my hiding place near the Lake and we sat down. Using my wand I healed his hand and waited for him to speak.

"Alice," Draco spoke confusedly. "I-I don't understand how this happened."

I rolled my eyes. "Draco we've been having unprotected sex for the past two months. You’re old enough to know what happens when a guy ejaculates inside a girl." 

Draco grimaced. "But I didn't really think about it. I've been stressed and busy. Having safe sex was the last thing on my mind." He paused and glared at me. "But you! You knew. Why didn't you ever suggest a contraceptive potion?" He paused and sighed. "Now we're in this mess."