Chapter 43

"Harry Potter is dead!"

My body felt limp as we stopped walking and I was practically being sustained by my boyfriend. Draco's gaze was on me the entire time as the news sunk in. But? He's the chosen one, I thought. The boy who lived. He can't be dead.

My eyes were red and puffy as they looked up towards the dark and gloomy sky, waiting for a sign. Any sign that indicated that this was a dream. A horribly unthinkable nightmare. Ginny's piercing scream awoke me from my thoughts as I jumped in fright. Her father held her back as she began crying. My eyes were dry. I was done with crying. This bloody bastard needs to learn today that Hogwarts is not a school to be played with.

"Harry Potter is....DEAD!!!" Voldermort shouted in pure bliss, a horrid smile plastered on his hideous face. My hands crawled around Draco's as I laced our fingers together. Draco bent down and kissed my cheek briefly and I savored the moment, knowing full well that it could be our last.

Voldermort approached us but kepted a safe distance. My heart beat quickened and my eyes glared profusely at the horrible being that is Lord Voldermort. His eyes met mine and he smirked. Draco must have noticed this because his hold around me tightened to a new extreme. 

"So the rumors are true. Alice Kingsley is indeed alive," Voldermort practically purred in delight and I shuddered. "Come my dear, I have a proposition for you. If you join me, I'll spare your life." He proposed but I remained rooted in my spot and Voldermort shook his head in disappointment. "Tisk, tisk, tisk. I would think that a girl who escaped death so many times would be a lot smarter than this." He paused as he stared behind me. 

"Young Draco," Voldermort went on to him next. "Do not be as foolish as your girlfriend. Come! You do not need love," he spat the word venomously. "All you need is power and I can give you that. Come and join me." 

Everyone turned to Draco at that point. Something in my stomach began twisting. I trusted Draco but this is Voldermort we're talking about. What if he goes with him?

Voldermort sighed, "Come Draco and I shall spare the girl." He pointed at me with his wand and Draco's face displayed his internal battle. I shook my head at him. No! He didn't have to do this.

After a moment Draco stared down at me and gave me a kiss, his lips lingering on mine for a moment before passing me over to Seamus. "Take care of her," he told him and Seamus nodded with sadness in his eyes. My heart beat ceased and I found it diffcult to breath. 

"No!!!" I screamed as Draco walked away from me. I tried to run to him but Seamus wrapped his arms around me. I noticed many faces staring at me with pity in their eyes. I even pitied myself at this moment. "Please Draco, come back! Please!" I begged but he ignored me.

Draco walked up to him with a desolated look on his face unlike Voldermort's who's happiness was protruding greatly throughout the castle. Then in a sad attempt to show him 'affection', Voldermort awkwardly hugged Draco but Draco did not return it, instead he walked over to his mother and father. 

"Now," Voldermort began again. "Who shall going to join me?"

Silence.

That all that was heard as I turned in Seamus' arms and cried on his shoulder. I knew that Draco was only doing this to protect me but I needed him with me. Seamus tried to comfort me by brushing my hair with his strong fingers but nothing helped. I just stared at the nook of his neck, trying to understand why my life was so fucked up.

At the beginning of sixth year I was just a shy, quiet little Gryffindor girl with a heart of gold. I never judged anyone or did anything wrong. But somehow after properly meeting Draco my life took a turn for the worst. But oddly enough I don't regret meeting him. I love him and his self sacrifice shows just how much he loves me as well. And if I think about it, I'd probably be dead or wearing that cursed hat.