Chapter 38

I crossed my arms as I glared at the ceiling. I hated the Carrows! They were the fouless, most ruthless beings I have ever had the displeasure of meeting and that's saying a lot seeing as I was tortured by Voldermort himself. But these two individuals in front of me were a complete and utter mess. I have been seated at this desk for the past hour and a half serving my detention. It wasn't even fair. I've never gotten detention in my life! I hate them, I thought disdainfully. I HATE them!

My eyes wandered over to Draco, who was seated across to my left. I rested my head on the palm of my hand and watched him with a small smile on my face. He looked extremely adorable as he concentrated hard on writing his lines. I, on the other hand, had finished mine twenty minutes ago. For the past week, Draco and I have been serving detention in the mornings before classes start, due to the fact that we 'escaped' to Hogsmeade. Even though we clearly had passes AND we explained to them about the ruddy storm but they somehow took pleasure in punishing us.

However, I do consider us lucky. All we had to do was write lines for 2 hours unlike the other unfortunate students who had to endure the painful curse that is the cruciatus. Of course, we had to watch seeing as we were in the same room and let me tell you, it was awful. I've had nightmares of screaming first years every night this week. 

On another note, the one concerning my relationship with Draco, we''ve decided to do as we pleased. Draco broke it off with Astoria but that little tick is persistent. Luckily for her, I never see the tom foolery she pulls when I'm not around. Only Merlin knows what I'd do to her and let me tell you, it won't be pretty. Alice may have come back but Audrey is still here as well. But continuing with our relationship, we like to meet up secretly. Draco always meets me down by our spot by the black lake or in the Astronomy tower but our main location is the room of requirement. We're acting as if nothing happened.

We have also made sure that nobody sees us only because we don't feel like answering unnecessary questions. Ginny and Seamus obviously know about us, seeing as they ambushed me that saturday morning asking me how it went. Leaving out the 'sexual' encounter I told them that we were back together. But the gigantic smirk plastered on my face let them know that our reunion was a little bit more exciting than my story about us drinking butterbeer at the three broomsticks.

Smack! I jumped up when Alecto slammed a ruler on my desk bringing me out of my thoughts. I glared at him for giving me such a fright. Snape wasn't here this week because Voldermort needed him and probably won't be back until after break. Now the Carrows think they can treat me like dirt.

"What!" I snapped as he stared me down.

"Watch your tongue Ms. Bennett! Uncle or no uncle you're still a filthy little half-blood," he sneered. "Now if you had been paying attention, you would have noticed yours and Mr. Malfoy's dismissal. Now be gone before I inflict pain on you," he threatened and I gripped my wand tightly from underneath the table.

Calm down! I told myself. You can annihilate him later.

Instead of killing him, I nodded solemnly and stood up, my eyes never leaving his. Once I made it out the door, I massaged my tired hands and suppressed a scream when Draco hugged me from behind. 

"Draco!" I giggled as he kissed my neck. "Someone could see us!"

He shook his head, "I don't care. I had to sit in there for two hours without touching you, I deserve at least a kiss," he pouted and I smiled before giving him a soft tap on the lips. "And concerning everyone else, I want them to know you're mine. I see the way these boys look at you, it's sickening."

I laughed at his jealousy, "Don't worry babe, I'm all yours."

"You've never called me babe before," he noted with a smile.